Sign in to follow this  
Rich (DayZ)

What's wrong with my stupid car?

I found a grey GAZ hidden in the woods the other day and stole it.

Now I'm not very experienced with DayZ. In fact, this is the first vehicle I've found. But I'm not an idiot either. But for some reason I cannot access the inventory in the car, either to see what the previous unlucky owner was storing in it, or to store my own gear.

Moving around the car and checking the mousewheel menu only gives me the option to get into the various seats (or switch weapons etc) but never a Gear or even a Rearm option.

Is this a bug? Is it because I stole the car? Has the lock on the boot rusted shut?

If anyone else has experienced this problem and fixed it, please let me know how.

The GAZ has an odd place for the gear menu to be.

To access the gear on a GAZ you need to prone next to it and look at the rear wheel, you should then get the gear option.

• Like 1

To access the gear on a GAZ you need to prone next to it and look at the rear wheel, you should then get the gear option.

Lol, thats Arma for you!

Lol, thats Arma for you!

Haha! Indeed, We had a GAZ a while ago and assumed it didnt have gear.

Then I found one on my own the other day and found the gear option by accident :P

Edited by Macenzie

Good God, are you serious? Thanks, I'll totally try this tonight!

Good God, are you serious? Thanks, I'll totally try this tonight!

I am quite serious, that's how we accessed the gear option when we had one. Sadley she exploded recently XD

You should also be able to access its gear menu while inside the vehicle. Press M, then click Units, then click Gear.

Edited by weld
  • Like 1