Sign in to follow this  
Dadaman11

Bandits That Don't Bury

As a bandit, I kill people for the fun and satisfaction of knowing that one less threat is in the world and that I can survive for another night. Despite the enjoyment I have in killing those that are fully decked out with full coyote backpacks to those who have a little more than a flashlight, I DO NOT bury the bodies. Why would I not hide the bodies one might ask? Well, to add to the fun of being a sadistic, uncaring, delusional bandit, here are some reasons on why I don't hide the bodies:

1. Camping

Before you start calling good old OP a Call of Duty faggot that doesn't have any skill, listen. Camping a dead body (that you have killed) will attract other survivors. More often than not, the person you originally killed will sprint back to his/her own body without a gun! What bandit in Day Z doesn't love to add another kill to the list? So after you've cleared the area of any hostiles, take what you need from the body and find a good (preferably high) spot that you know will provide you with a great shot of that piece of meat. Leaving items on will attract those who come in vision range of that body. If they spot an alice pack on it, boy will they come runnin' for that body. If any suckers haven't shown up in 5-10 minutes, leave a nice present on the body (such as an empty soda or tin can) to mark your prey. This adds to the fear factor of others in the area if they pay attention to the line of bodies you leave behind.

2. Fear

Having a trail or even one dead body will tell others to "be careful" and "watch their backs". Ha! In reality, it makes those who are aware of the dead body slow down by making them either stop running go prone. This makes your prey a lot easier to headshot if you really need to (or have some low tier weapon). Just be careful, know that they know that you could possibly be there.... What. Don't bother being careful, those that sneak around slowly usually are the ones that have less than 30 some hours in the game and barely know that there are more than two towns. Make them shit themselves by adding them to your body count or intentionally miss to add further enjoyment.

3. Let others have weapons to fight back

Killing those that don't know you are there or don't have the means to fight back gets pretty boring pretty fast. As I stated in the previous paragraph, intentionally missing will allow others to know that you see them, have your gun locked on them, and that you are their enemy. If you allow them to pick up the gun you left on your last victim and then shoot, it actually starts to become a little more fun! I don't know about you other bandits, but being shot at gives me an adrenaline rush like no other in Day Z. I like to have gun fights where it is a test of skill rather than a test of sight. Allowing the other player to pick up the left over bandages and food will aid him in his survival against you also.

4. Identity

A survivor seeing another one of his comrades lying face first in a pool of blood (They should totally add the pool of blood thing) tells the survivor that he could have been in that guys shoes if he wasn't luckily attacked 3 minutes ago by zombies or if he didn't go to the restroom before launching Day Z and joining your server. It lowers one's own moral if you see someone with the same clothes... same hat... same face... What the hell am I rambling about. What I meant to say is that once you see that body, you know that you're screwed. You've just been put in your place and you need to get the hell out of there before you start making asphalt angels face first.

To rap up my unusually long bandit rant, I conclude by saying: I leave red chemlights on those that I kill.

Happy Hunting.

post-45452-0-38947800-1342000739_thumb.j

Edited by Dadaman11
  • Like 3

I wrote this as a (hopefully good) bandit story that some might enjoy. I loved writing it and actually based it off of what I do in game. The only difference is that I don't get as much satisfaction (or even close) as I do in the story. Hope you enjoyed nuclear. :lol:

Well written, I also agree on the pool of blood thing.

• Like 1

Pretty pathetic OP

The story or about me being a bandit? Either way, everyone has their own way of being a bandit (on this forum), it just depends how much fun you want to have. :cool:

Pretty pathetic OP

I bet it was you who got killed.

And that person truly is pathetic.

• Like 2

These are great reasons to why not to bury bodies.

• Like 1

These are great reasons to why not to bury bodies.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but thanks anyways. :lol:

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but thanks anyways. :lol:

I wasn't lol. xD