Sign in to follow this  
Kaffine

No Sound in game since 1.7.2

Game type bought via Steam

Arma 2 patch 700

starting game either by steam or arma11 beta desktop icon

error is no sound in game, has been working for the last month..

PC specs...dual core 3.2, quick graphics..basically no dramas running game before...no sound card using mobo

O/S XP

link fails..

thanks in advance

Kaffine

• Like 1

I'm also kinda new to DayZ, but I had this problem as well alot of yesterday and found that it was only on servers that were running the earlier versions not 1.7.2

This may be the case, it may not, but I thought I'd put it out there for you.

• Like 1

Update tool may have bugged or taken out sound but didnt replace, tried re-installiong?

• Like 1

Thanks for the help but the problem still persists.

Actions taken:

run dayz through steam and desktop, re installed game, audio drivers and beta patches, Arma11 also has no sound in any of the versions but my counterstrike does. tried many servers and re installed dayz . in the reinstall is there a config file that does not get updated in a uninstall - reintall of the game.. maybe in my player profiles?

Thanks Again

Kaff...

• Like 1

I had the same problem after installing patch 1.7.2 just after release and then applying beta 700 on that. I deleted the addons folder in the @dayz folder in arma2 operation arrowhead folder. I reinstalled through sixlauncher by selecting the server I wanted to join and pressing "update" on the left. Logged in, and had sound again.

• Like 1

Same here. Sometimes i get sound, other times i don't. Sounds are working fine in the main menu and even when i'm about to spawn in-game i can hear the ocean etc. but then i spawn and it's silent.

All Steam install Arma2+CO+Baf etc. Win 7. Earth. Milky way.

Same here. Sometimes i get sound, other times i don't. Sounds are working fine in the main menu and even when i'm about to spawn in-game i can hear the ocean etc. but then i spawn and it's silent.

All Steam install Arma2+CO+Baf etc. Win 7. Earth. Milky way.

Me too same exactly problem -_-

Now try reisert the 1.7.1.5 i hope solve :( play Dayz without sound is impossible

Edited by Golan Rond

I had the same problem after installing patch 1.7.2 just after release and then applying beta 700 on that. I deleted the addons folder in the @dayz folder in arma2 operation arrowhead folder. I reinstalled through sixlauncher by selecting the server I wanted to join and pressing "update" on the left. Logged in, and had sound again.

This works people, use it. LeYuno nice work! An easy post that actually fixes the issue :) +1!

Ok I kinda feel stupid now. Yesterday I realised that I had been playing with a ramdisk and had my beta shortcut point to that disk for the @dayz folder. Since the updater updates only the files in the install dir, it never wrote the new dayz files to the ramdisk folder I had been using..

So in the end, if you don't have sound ingame, it's merely because you are running a different version of the game compared to the server you have joined. Try to look at the server's name, it tells you which version of dayz its running most of the time. If you use ramdisk and six launcher, be aware that six launcher doesn't update the files in your ramdisk folder.

I had a barely audible sound issue this week. At first I thought there was no sound, however going to the audio options menu and cranking the volumne I could barely here the setup sound gun fire. I tried re-installing ARMA2OA/DayZ/Betas a couple times but every time I installed the latest beta, the issue would come back.

I eventually upgraded my audio drivers to the latest version and the problem went away.

Give that a try.