well no matter what i tried, using night vision u cant avoid the flickering what so ever!

i have tried using fraps to record it, but the strangest thing is, as soon as u hit record on fraps, its stops!! LOL!

this is the most fuked up problem i have ever come across, its like both my cards and the game is playing games with me hahah.

well ATI can do one!! had enough of there drivers and compatibility issues with not just ArmA but all games (Good Excuse for an upgrade)... and im selling my 5850's and going for a GTX 580 SLI setup. just a single GTX 580 has good reviews for running the ArmA series so a 580 SLI setup ''fingers crossed'' is gonna be the bizz. also there aint as many nvidia users as ATI with the flickering problem either.

i hope the rest of you with this problem eventually find a solid solution to fix this.

but my motto is.. if u cant fix it... BIN IT and get something new

This has been happening forever in Arma - it's the AMD crossfire profile that needs to be fixed. In the past AMD have been pretty silent on the matter, but now there are millions of you using DayZ perhaps if you pester AMD they will make a new profile. I have an HD5970 OC and have been experiencing this in Arma 2 for a couple of years now.

I can get it stop happening by reducing texture detail to normal - this drops the GPU workload to around 65% on each GPU on my system and then there's no flickering. As soon as GPU gets above 95% on each card then in certain lighting situations I get the flickering strobe!

• Like 1

This has been happening forever in Arma - it's the AMD crossfire profile that needs to be fixed. In the past AMD have been pretty silent on the matter, but now there are millions of you using DayZ perhaps if you pester AMD they will make a new profile. I have an HD5970 OC and have been experiencing this in Arma 2 for a couple of years now.

I can get it stop happening by reducing texture detail to normal - this drops the GPU workload to around 65% on each GPU on my system and then there's no flickering. As soon as GPU gets above 95% on each card then in certain lighting situations I get the flickering strobe!

Agreed, weird thing for me i had to remove one of my 5850s from my system in order to take the flickering away which is really strange...

but yes it is crossfire related 100% using one card i have no issues at all!.

i have tried using low graphic settings with 2 cards and it does make it better somewhat, but as soon as i use nightvision it starts again,

but yes Ati need to pull there finger out of there asses!

i have had it with Ati and crossfire, its more trouble than its worth, not just for Dayz, but many titles. Nvidia is tha way forward for me.

Edited by Susscon