Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi667

Lost Everything

Date/Time: 11/07/2012 5.20pm AEST

What happened: I logged into my character that I had last night to find I was a fresh spawn.

Where you were: I was on top of the hill East of Elektro when I logged out last night.

What you were doing: Finished updating to latest Arma II beta through SixUpdater and was Logging into the game to play on my character.

*Current installed version: 1.7.2/94700

*Server(s) you were on: One of the NZ servers last night when I logged out (about 2.30am AEST). Logged into ANZ8 hosted by Games.On.Net today.

*Your system specs: i7 930, 12Gb RAM, GTX295, Win7.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Last night I randomly bugged out after dying while crawling backwards under a pine tree up a hill. Fair enough it's just a bug. Mate was watching my corpse and I started running back to it. Red chain and my corpse dissapears, he says he is going to bed and for me to kill him and take his gear (we didn't have much AK74 and M4A1 we found in the firestation). I kill him, loot his body taking his Alice Pack guns, ammo, medical supplies etc and run up the hill. I run over the top of the hill to the other side, prone and decide to call it a night. When I go to log in today I am a fresh spawn on the coast.

Yee after the patch i dont think all gear/characters carried across, or maybe u wa killed in the debug forest when you logged on by someone abusing

This happened to me 2 yesterday though. Also! when I pick up a camo clothing or ghile suit and put it on I spaw in the middle of a sea for like 1 sec and when im back where i were all my inventory is gone exept the bagback.

Exact same thing happened to me in the past 2 days.

2 different servers Seattle 102 and US 124

1.7.2 beta patch 94444

Basically played first day of patch. Died near Krasnostav Warehouse/Factory (by an uber hitting zombie who broke my leg and ate me from 12k blood to 0 after knocking me unconscious). Ran back to corpse (which was not there) from Otmel. Logged off to eat. Logged back on and was respawned back in Otmel.

Next day logged on, in Otmel still. Ran to Berenzino. Looted military tents, hospital and store. Nothing great, but better than flashlight and bandage. Server announces restart in 120 seconds. I log off. Log back on 5 minutes later. Back in Otmel as if I hadn't played.

This bug is more deadly than players, zeds, and environment glitches. Other than the fresh restarts after hours of play, the game runs perfectly. I was butthurt about the one zed killing me, but that was only because I had been alive for 14 days (prior patch my character had 18 broken legs) so I did not think 1 zombie would break my leg, knock me out, and kill me. Losing the gear was no big deal, it is replaceable.

I have had similar problems, every game i join its like ive never played before, im offered the choice of a Male or Female char each and everytime and even if i log off for a minute etc i lose all my gear and am a fresh spawn.

I seem to have no persistant characters even when i never actually die :P

After patch 1.7.2 my character is not saved anymore im constantly spawning at same spot with loot i started with if i play hours or few min all loot i gathered is lost and everytime i spawned at same spot also don't matter what server im on its same problem.

1.7.2 Same for me ....logged on and had to start a new character...

Character had nothing , not even a backpack , I can't even pick up a backpack and I've found several.

I've read that you have to pick up the stuff around the backpack before it will let you pick it up....that doesnt work.

also while i have a hatchet, I cannot seem to take it off my belt unless I drop my primary weapon,(wont put it on your shoulder) and if i want to have both

i have to drop hatchet and pickup primary only then picking up hatchet and putting on my belt works. I can use primary weapon but if I wanna equip hatchet I have to drop primary.

sorry, if this is confusing.

Ok, well tried to play some today after trying to connect several I kept getting " This server is running 1.7.1.5 " or whatever and you are running 1.7.2 even though it said on the server list it was 1.7.2

I get on only to find myself stripped of everthing again, only this time im in a grasslands with miles of nothingness...so i respawn to kill myself.

seems I got a backpack now and the basics...for whatever reason made it bug out like that

Edited by PapaTango69

Just wanted to say that I just updated today to 1.7.2.3 and went to the beta patch 94876. After successfully updating both dayz and the beta i went and logged onto a new server to see how the update went.

Just like i had heard, i started over fresh with nothing. Went around on the coast for a little and then got fed up with my condition so i did a character restart. Then something amazing happened. Once i loaded back into the game, I had all of my old gear back and was back in the same location i had been in before the update had been applied. I have no idea why this occurred, but the same exact circumstances happened to my friend as well.

Figured i might as well put this here as it seems pretty relevant.

Lol i logged with nothing but i have my old score. I want my gear back!!!!!!

The same thing happened to me today after the patch. I had an AS50, fn fal, NVG, and then when I logged in today I logged in at the coast with starting gear, without the male/female selection though.

However I didn play for like over an hour or so and after dying I logged in a new server and logged at my first previous location with all my old gear back. So maybe try dying then logging back in? Might work for you too.

The same thing happened to me today after the patch. I had an AS50, fn fal, NVG, and then when I logged in today I logged in at the coast with starting gear, without the male/female selection though.

However I didn play for like over an hour or so and after dying I logged in a new server and logged at my first previous location with all my old gear back. So maybe try dying then logging back in? Might work for you too.

of thanks it works :) I died, joined to another server and all my equipment back :)

Where you were: I was on top of the hill East of Elektro when I logged out last night.

Funny how you were on the exact same place as me and my friend when we discovered his character had been reset.

Didn't happen to me though so guess it's just a coincidence

ya i just logged in at the airfield northwest with my pack and all my items last night. but this morning when i logged in i lost my backpack my main gun and only had my items for the main gun ammo my sidearm and tools. no weapon or backpack

This happened to me as well right now. Spent hours running from Cherno - Stary Sobor, searching for Heli Crash sites along the way. Found NV Goggles, proceeded to loot the military tents in Stary and went on to the deer huts. Ran back to the little forest behind the military tents and logged out. Logged in 2 hours after and then I spawned in Cherno, all gear lost, and I didn't get asked which gender I wanted to play as.

HA HA HA.

Oh noes my pixels!!

I think that if you lost your super L33T stuff you either updated wrong or it's a database issue.

So far, it seems like if it's the latter, you need to take it in stride, hike up your Hanes and see what you can do starting over.

If the former,,, learn2update.

There is a sim chance that, if you inexplicably respawned, you can hit the respawn button and get your "old" life back.

Logged on, it said I died, then I was in debug field then at last position alone in a forest w/o any gear whatsovere no back pack nothing.

Logged in another server it was all there. But I was loosing blood. Since I wasn't hit before I only realised when the screen started to blur out,. Decided to die in a Zombie battle ...Couldnt be arsed to get enough health w/o matches.

HA HA HA.

Oh noes my pixels!!

I think that if you lost your super L33T stuff you either updated wrong or it's a database issue.

So far, it seems like if it's the latter, you need to take it in stride, hike up your Hanes and see what you can do starting over.

There is a sim chance that, if you inexplicably respawned, you can hit the respawn button and get your "old" life back.

I always love looking at your posts because 99% of them are either sucking up to Rocket or bitching about someone with a legit complaint. You offer NOTHING to a conversation. You have over 1k posts. Not even the damn mods have that many. With every post you make yourself look more and more like an ignorant child. Thank you for providing entertainment. Me and my friends always have a laugh at people like you who believe they have to prove their e-peen is longer than everyone elses, and get some anger management please.

Edited by iomegadrive1
  • Like 1

HA HA HA.

Oh noes my pixels!!

...You realize you have about as many posts as Rocket? I hope you're getting paid to post on the forums....

• Like 1

Same just happend to me. Though dying did not give me my gear back. Fucked off with this shit now 3rd time this week my character had died/lost gear to bugs.

This happened to me too. I was in an airfield, but had to log out. I logged into the coast with no gear. I did what was suggested, press respawn and load a different server, and it worked fine for me, so this is confirmed to be a good solution.

Yeah, i got the same problem.

Was logging out yesterday, when i logged back in this morning, i was at a completely different place, and all my inventory was gone, except my backpack and the stuff in it. No weapons, no tools...

Emm, do you guys already have any idea if this can be fixed ?

Would be quite a pain in the ass to start collecting my stuff again, after 11 days of surviving.

Edited by Hansolo135

Same happened to me, logged out Saturday morning, logged back in today, there was a DayZ update on sixudater, after that, I'm starting off with nothing again. Just an explanation would be nice.

Same bug happened to me and like solid snake dieing seemed to fix it as I respawned back in stary sobor where I was before

Happened to me 2 days ago. Entered a server, fell about 100 feet out of the sky, killing me.

Oh boy what a time for me to feel the wrath of a DayZ bug :(

Shot someone today on the hill NE of Elektro, picked up his sniping gear: DMR, 4 mags, alice pack, NVGs (the first ever damn pair I've had in 2 months of playing)... logged out shotly after having sat for a few minutes staring down a scope.

None of it there where I logged back in later. I had returned to all my previous gear of AKM, Makarov, Czech backpack.... not overly chuffed with that one lol