trick_killa

My Class system - Based off humanity

Me and a few friends have thought of a class based system based off humanity. This will reward players that work together, but doesnt punish those who have choosen to kill at will.

Have a few different classes or so.

Medic Class - Just spawns with a few extra bandages, morphine, painkillers, blood bag,and flashlight

Cop Class - Pistol with 2 clips, bandage, flashlight

Store Clerk - has a couple Drinks, couple cans of food, flashlight, and bandage.

Default/citizen - has the flashlight, painkiller, bandage.

If you have a higher humanity rating you are eligibale for the first three classes on your next spawn.

If you try to re-spawn or have re-spawned in the three hours of gameplay than you are set to the default class so people don't just re-spawn until they get the class they want. Fixing the issue of 100 dead bodies on the beach from respawning. Wont solve it completely but it will give you a reason to run that extra half hour instead of just respawning again.

Higher your humanity, the higher chance you have of achieving the medic, cop, and clerk classes.

Humanity will be reset to zero after you respond, leaving you no chance at getting a better class by respawning or effecting your next spawn.

Will give murdering at will a punishment for their choices as well as a benefit for those who choose to help others. This will not punish those who chose to play any one gamestyle too much but will make you think before you pull that trigger.

Edited by Trick

Great idea. Though, I'd like it if the class system regarded the last life you lived. This way, once a player respawns, they're stuck as this class, there's no respawning till you acquire the class you wish to have. Also, it kind of forces people to not necessarily never shoot on sight, but consider the outcome if they ever get shot themselves, as you said. Which, in my opinion, is like a silent "fuck you" to ruthless killers, for if they have incredibly high humanity, then they'll spawn in as a completely helpless citizen (until they get a weapon).

It seems to be restrictive to your style of game play.

At the moment, you can live a sociopath one life, and the next have a total phobia towards any form of harm. I think this is the way Rocket intended it, and I don't think it would change.

Besides, those classes are nothing that 10 minutes of running and a quick scavenge can't usually sort out.

Me and a few friends have thought of a class based system based off humanity. This will reward players that work together, but doesnt punish those who have choosen to kill at will.

Have a few different classes or so.

Medic Class - Just spawns with a few extra bandages, morphine, painkillers, blood bag,and flashlight

Cop Class - Pistol with 2 clips, bandage, flashlight

Store Clerk - has a couple Drinks, couple cans of food, flashlight, and bandage.

Default/citizen - has the flashlight, painkiller, bandage.

If you have a higher humanity rating you are eligibale for the first three classes on your next spawn.

If you try to re-spawn or have re-spawned in the three hours of gameplay than you are set to the default class so people don't just re-spawn until they get the class they want. Fixing the issue of 100 dead bodies on the beach from respawning. Wont solve it completely but it will give you a reason to run that extra half hour instead of just respawning again.

Higher your humanity, the higher chance you have of achieving the medic, cop, and clerk classes.

Humanity will be reset to zero after you respond, leaving you no chance at getting a better class by respawning or effecting your next spawn.

Will give murdering at will a punishment for their choices as well as a benefit for those who choose to help others. This will not punish those who chose to play any one gamestyle too much but will make you think before you pull that trigger.

A good idea, though I think that by doing this, it could create some problems, some people may camp spawns for people who spawn with these blood bags and the pistols. It could happen. Other than that, I think it is a great idea.