Sign in to follow this  
vlad_storm12@hotmail.com

Newest Dayz version screwed up whole game

Hey i can play Dayz servers normally but i cant play with editor or campaign. Its just a Camera in some odd place and i cant control characters or anything please help! I cant do anything but Dayz now :(

/facepalm

Its loaded via scripts by teh mod there is no editor use for this mod and there is no single player

He means he cannot play Arma 2 campaign and editor. And I have the same problem. I've heard you can just disable the dayz mod, but when I try to do that in the menus ingame it won't let me. Any suggestions?

I've run arma2OA.exe, it has finally let me disable the dayz mod. Than it said the game must be restared and I tried so but it wont run again, it just pops this error message: error creating direct3d 9 graphical engine

Not sure what installing Dayz does to Arma2, just install to a different folder then the original. If you are using steam then just move the folders so steam installs clean.

Still not working and keeps popping the "error crating direct3d Pgraphical engine" message. Here is what I did: I've run ArmA2OA.exe in steam folders and it has let me disable the dayZ mod and restart the game. But it wont start again because of that error message. Even when running as admin.

Edited by Vrook

My game dont save, recorded 4 hours of contect i found 5 heli crashes, and alot, then i log off, i get old save on me, all m14 back again, sucks

No it wont, but what actually helps is to remove the @dayz folder out of the arma2: OA steam folder. Just move it somewhere out of the folder and you can play campaign or editor and when you want to play dayz again, just move the @dayz folder back - or at least I think it should work, I didn't try to put it back, since I'm not trying to play DayZ until its all fixed and working.

MAKE A FOLDER (in documents or wherever) and keep all the files for 7.2 in a subfolder, and go RE-download all the 1.7.1.5 files

then simply copy paste to the @DayZ addons folder depending on whether you want the GAME to work.... or the game-breaking DayZ mod to work.. (yay for mods that make the host game unplayable except for the mod!)