Sign in to follow this  
Khattr

1.7.2 view bug

Hello,

Yesterday, I spawned after installing the 1.7.2, I had a view on the Gorka-Polana fuel shop (I was in the 101068 wood). I waited there for a friend who was in Dubrovka.He arrived on zone, but I was unable to see zombies that has spawned in the Fuel station nor I was able to see my friend until he cross the road.

I'm very surprised, all my videos settings are on high/very high excepted for the post-processing ( I hate that blur ).

My comp is a i7 960 @3.2 , a GTX560, and 12 gb as RAM and win 7 64bits.

After that, I switch to 1.7.1.5 version and join a 1.7.1.5.I was able to see the zombies in fuel station AND i was able to see the tree on the hill opposite to me ( yeah, I can't see all the tree in the distance either )If needed, I'll be able to give you more informations !

Anyways, thanks for the awesome work !

Any idea someone ?

EDIT : Adding screenshot of the tree in the distance .... with my video settings...

post-19571-0-39578800-1341990582_thumb.j

Edited by Khattr

so you were on two different servers? maybe the server where you were waiting for a friend was laggy and thats why your friend "popped" up infront of you and the zeds also didnt spawn properly because of lag? had this issue also several times if the server was very laggy. and maybe the 1.7.1.5 server had different weather conditions with less fog or something and thats why you were able to see farther?

Edited by CommanderBoiled

Hey Commander,

Yeah I was on 2 servers : the first on 1.7.2 and the second on 1.7.1.5.

Both were daylight, with a ping < 60, no cloud, no fog ...

I'm wondering if it's a server issue or a update issue....

Gonna try others 1.7.2 servers and take SC ...

we'll see

the weather conditions might be slightly different from server to server even if its daytime on both. sometimes there is just a slight more fog in a far distance and normally you dont recognize it. only if you focus a very far object like your tree.

i cant be sure about the lag issue of course, i was just guessing. maybe not the server was laggy but you? and if only for a short period of time? or your friend was laggy? yesterday i tried to shoot a cow ingame, shot it 6-8 times but nothing happened, the cow was still alive. then about 30 or 40 seconds later the cow was laying dead on the ground about 200m away from the location i shot it. the reason was that my girlfriend was surfing the internet at that time over the same wireless connection like i played (i have a pretty weak connection though). so lag might be a reason for npc's or players "hopping" and "jumping" around instantlly from one location to another.

Edited by CommanderBoiled

It was not lag .As soon as I see my friend, we don't have any teleport-case or things like that ....it's just that we can't see anything further than 500m ....We'll see today if the same appear .

It was not lag .As soon as I see my friend, we don't have any teleport-case or things like that ....it's just that we can't see anything further than 500m ....We'll see today if the same appear .

OK. So we played yesterday :

- I can't see any tree / object / road / person further than 1200 meters

- There were no fog, nothing.

- I was able to see player closer than 1200 meters.

And I'm still using the same video settings (.. I put shadow on "normal" ... )

It's very strange to see trees/roads/building appear when walking toward them.

Any one has an idea ?

Thanks