Sign in to follow this  
myskaal

Errors After Installing OA Beta Patch

I originally posted this in the Bohemia Interactive Troubleshooting for ArmA2/OA forums - because the problems/errors only start happening after installing the beta patch. However they closed my thread. Presumably because I mentioned DayZ. If DayZ is installed, I get the DayZ related error. If I uninstall DayZ and run the beta patch OA, I get the first 2 errors. Since BI refuses to support me as a customer after buying their game, I'm trying here in hopes someone can help me figure this out.

I bought the Sprocket digital download of ArmA2 Combined Operations.

I used the download links provided in the confirmation e-mail.

After the downloads finished, I installed ArmA 2 and loaded the game. Everything worked fine.

Then I installed the 3 update patches for ArmA 2, ran the game. Everything worked fine.

Then I installed ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead and loaded the game. Everything ran fine.

Then I downloaded and installed the most recent beta patch for Operation Arrowhead (v .94444). I loaded the game from the Launch Beta exe provided with the beta patch.

I receive the following 2 errors:

ArmA 2 error PICTURE ca\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found

No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background.type'

I decided to try Six Launcher in hopes it might fix the issue.

I added the DayZ mod via the instructions (created @DayZ folder inside the ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder) and then the Addons folder inside the @DayZ folder. Then put the DayZ mod files inside the Addons folder. (Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons\files)

I ran Six Launcher. It updated and I launched the game. I did not receive the above errors. I received the below error:

Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Missions_BAF_2'

If I remove the DayZ mod, it reverts to the first 2 errors.

I need help trying to sort out the problem, please.

Edited by EliJRn

I'm on Day 2 of trying to sort this out with zero help from BI.

It is possible to play with the error. I have no idea what kind of issues it may or may not be causing, though. Twice, after about 30 minutes of play, the computer decided to just shut itself off.

Fortunately, it is possible to play DayZ with several errors (heck, I still have the missing weapons one). Several users encountering the 'CA_Missions_BAF_2' have been able to play with no issues whatsoever.

Seems odd that you failed to mention the unexpected shutdowns of your computer while playing, but I believe there is no correlation between the two. Your computer is most likely overheating, and is turning off to prevent damage internally.

Hope I could help!

You don't mention if you applied the latest Arma2OA patch, this is different than installing the latest beta patch, which just creates a new folder with the patch files in and leaves the original install intact.

The Sprocket version may already come with it installed, but I am not sure.

I didn't mention the shutting down to begin with because I figure it is the computer overheating and nothing to do with the errors but in the replay figured I'd throw it in just in case.

82nd - which latest ArmA2OA patch are you talking about? I've looked through the game update list: http://www.arma2.com...=folder〈=en

and am not seeing anything for ArmA2OA that applies to my download/installation of it. The version running right now is 1.60.94700

I did apply all the patches up to 1.11 for ArmA 2.

Edited by EliJRn