Sign in to follow this  
na82008

more realistic zombies

I like the realism so far of the zombies, but there is something i think should change about them, in another topic someone suggests rewarding team work instead of punishing bandits, i like this idea but his suggestions of how to do this are not ones i agree with. while this can tie in with his idea i think my suggestion will change day z for the better, i know this was a suggestion from before the address move but i have changed it for my own. i think zombies should be slower, not allot slower but summthing that you could out run by crouch running. in addition i think that the zombie count should be increased a considerable amount, to add to this just to make sure zombie killing isn't much easier that usual to some one with an automatic weapon, i think that NO gun except granades and granade launchers can kill a zombie in one shot except in the head. mele weapons should have the ability to kill zombie in just 1 or 2 hits because if your up close and personal, you can easily hit a zombie head. this will tie in with rewarding team work because it will make it allot harder to go it alone, especially as a bandit because you will never have someone to travail with unless you have premade friends this will add allot to the player to player meetings because once someone gets allot of good stuff they may not be willing to go into the city to get more food and water, so when you meet someone, especially if they have allot of stuff, it will be very hard to tell if they will betray you or not.

sorry this suggtetion is long but i put allot of thought in to this so please don't hit me down for posting an already motioned topic, i posted this for my own well thought out ideas to be read.

anyone see The Walking Dead series? well thats an excellent start imho ie. Z's are:

- slower (fast walk when aggroed, same speed as per now when wandering)

- in greater quantities (eg. wandering Z herds so you can't just camp)

- killed only by a blow to the head (hatchet/round/arrow/etc)

Also agree that they should reduce the amount of military grade weapons - IRL, you'll mainly find civ weapons eg. shottys, rifles, etc.

1. If you can crouch run faster than the zombies, couldn't you just sprint from point to point in a town, looting everything you wanted without ever actually getting hit since they can't keep up? Would just make things easier IMO

2. You can't reward one playstyle over another, only provide incentives to play one or the other (ie both have their perks/downfalls)

3. Headshots only doesnt really make sense according to rocketlore. They are still living people so a bullet to the heart/lungs should kill them

4. "Allot" is not a word. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling Have a read

Edited by KnT47r

I like your idea but the thing is that we are not dealing with zombies but instead "infected". They are infected with a virus and are normal people.

Secondly, the zombies are hard enough in numbers as they are. Looting a town is a huge risk now a days cause there's always the chance of getting pinned by zombies and a sniper all at once. Add to that, the ammo shortages and its just too much. IMO I think that the zombies are good as they are but that they need tweaks and fixes especially the wall glitch.

I agree with the melee weapon as 1-2 hits KO. I think its already there though.

It would be cool to have zombies trip sometimes when chasing you to help players escape.

1. If you can crouch run faster than the zombies, couldn't you just sprint from point to point in a town, looting everything you wanted without ever actually getting hit since they can't keep up? Would just make things easier IMO

2. You can't reward one playstyle over another, only provide incentives to play one or the other (ie both have their perks/downfalls)

3. Headshots only doesnt really make sense according to rocketlore. They are still living people so a bullet to the heart/lungs should kill them

4. "Allot" is not a word. http://theoatmeal.co...sspelling"]Have a read

as i said, ALOT​ more zombies, there should be enof that running through a town should be almost implausible

even if there slow, and with there currant speed iv seen allot of videos, and dun myself, of people easly sliping through the low number of zombies even at this speed we have right now, and but hordes i mean hordes, allot of zombie would have bunched up in real life if this where to happen, in all citys there woud be hundris of zombies, and in real life, they may be able to run at this speed, but the whole point of a zombie is it feals no pain, so shooting it in the cheast would only make it blead, if this wasn't litiral walking dead zombies, but they woulden't faint of pain couse they fell no pain, thus they would still run after you if you shot them in the chest, the would only stop once there blood got so low that they couldn't move at all.

I like your idea but the thing is that we are not dealing with zombies but instead "infected". They are infected with a virus and are normal people.

Secondly, the zombies are hard enough in numbers as they are. Looting a town is a huge risk now a days cause there's always the chance of getting pinned by zombies and a sniper all at once. Add to that, the ammo shortages and its just too much. IMO I think that the zombies are good as they are but that they need tweaks and fixes especially the wall glitch.

I agree with the melee weapon as 1-2 hits KO. I think its already there though.

It would be cool to have zombies trip sometimes when chasing you to help players escape.

its called "day z" not "day i" day z means day zombie, or day of zombies, not day infected.

The definition of a zombie is entirely plot-sensitive so please, enough with the "this is not DayI" crap. The "zombies" in this are akin to 28 Days/Weeks later style so they're just REALLY pissed off people with only basic animalistic tendencies.

The definition of a zombie is entirely plot-sensitive so please, enough with the "this is not DayI" crap. The "zombies" in this are akin to 28 Days/Weeks later style so they're just REALLY pissed off people with only basic animalistic tendencies.

you know i don't wana get in a hole disscution about this, im just saying that i think the game would be better with more and slower moving zombies

If there's more zombies, what's the point of ammo? It's already tricky steal thing through a town, and for me, 4 crossbow bolts is going pretty thin.

And if they're zombies or infected, it's like arguing grey is a shade of black or white. It's the same thing FFS.

I'm not sure about you, but I'm dn certin a .45 from 5m is going to leave a nice big hole in any chest, dead or alive.

Please remove na82008's post, its more troll bait than anything and completely counter-productive to the discussion.

And I'm sorry, but this suggestion really sounds like a "Please change it to accommodate my style of play".

• Like 1

If there's more zombies, what's the point of ammo? It's already tricky steal thing through a town, and for me, 4 crossbow bolts is going pretty thin.

And if they're zombies or infected, it's like arguing grey is a shade of black or white. It's the same thing FFS.

I'm not sure about you, but I'm dn certin a .45 from 5m is going to leave a nice big hole in any chest, dead or alive.

Please remove na82008's post, its more troll bait than anything and completely counter-productive to the discussion.

And I'm sorry, but this suggestion really sounds like a "Please change it to accommodate my style of play".

its not a troll, pleas ignore the infected vs zombie thing it is off topic god, the whole point is it would be more realistic and it would promot more team work.

I aggrea, zombies could use some tweaking. More zombies, but slow them down, the zombies easylie outrun players ie. they run rediculessly fast like 30-40 Km/h (obviously not dead flesh behaviour). Allso if you have seen dead eyes the pupils are milky white which would realy obstruct vission even in broad daylight, most sensory perseption organs would be heavely impared due to necrotic decay.

What i allso would like to see is zombie on zombie violence:

Zombie 1: Braaaaaiiinnnsss!

Zombie 2 hears moaning zombie one and heads towards the rukkess hes making.

Zombie 1 notices the increased presance of zombie 2 and heads towards him groaning.

Zombie 2 bumps into zombie 1 and a fight ensues due to thair mutual aggressive nature.

The rukkess and screaming of both zombies allerts more zombies and they head towards all the fighting and a massive brawl ensues.

If anything it would be hillarious to watch and everyone knows a serious gloomy game like this actually NEEDS some funny stuff like this to raise a smile from players.