Sign in to follow this  
snypr18

Food vs Health and Damage

I really feel like canned food needs to be more effective. Considering how much damage zombies to do you, not to mention the rate at which you bleed to death (seriously, did the zombie tear a 6-inch gash in your arteries by slapping you?) the canned food restoring only 200 points of blood is silly.

Id say damage needs to be lighter or canned food needs to be more potent. Oftentimes, if I get smacked by a couple zombies (or god forbid, knocked out for what seems like 10 years) I will just suicide and respawn rather than live with black and white vision, low sound, and shaky aim for the next in-game week, while I try and find 30 cans of beans or an entire herd of goats and the tools to butcher them.

I disagree. You have meat which gives you around 1000 blood each and blood transfusion packs which will restore you to full blood. What I'd like to see is a very small regen on blood.

well I'm also in agreement with the damage thing, unless we're going up against Freddy Kreuger's next of kin, it's ridiculous that most of the infected attacks cause bleeding at all.

They should cause bruising at best, fatigue, disorientation, concussion, or slow you down, requiring morphine and pain killers to "heal". a bleed injury requiring bandages should be relatively rare (especially given how little skin is exposed on the model) and would only happen when the player goes down and the teeth come out or on being shot.

Perhaps it's a limitation of the model? Infected could very well end up with strange means of tearing into bodies through armor and clothing.

If you are careful, you will not be pestered by zombies.

If you sneak around, and know the radius's of zombie's hearing and sight, you can go around undetected. The Crossbow is a brilliantly underestimated weapon :)

Do not think that if you have less than 12000 health, you are going to die in the next attack. I only start to worry if I'm below 5k, and from there you will start to see blood effects.

However, if you run around eating all the food you can find to regen your health, you are doing it wrong. Beans are not designed to cure wounds. If you MUST, you can eat 4-5 steaks and be fine.

It's still a good point though. I'd like to see slow blood regeneration perhaps accented by your water and food levels... keep those in the green and your body naturally produces more blood over time. Flashing red water and food, no blood regeneration. This is much more realistic than just eating some cooked steaks... what are we, very finicky vampires?

Transfusions are a clever idea in this mod but the blood supply is too limited and finding someone to give you one (especially if you are wearing the bandit skin) is near impossible.

I think the damage is largely fine as it is, assume the zombies are clawing and biting at you trying to eat your delicious flesh. One or two zombies don't inflict that much damage as it is, it's larger groups that are deadly. Perhaps decrease the chance of bleeding from just one or two hits, or make light bleeding stop by itself after a short time. What I really don't like is the chance for the first hit from a zombie to knock you unconscious, I think that should only happen when you're already injured.

Food-wise, I don't really like the system as it is. Despite what Deviant says, it's quite easy to heal serious wounds up to a manageable level by crawling around a town eating loads of cans. I'd like to see that changed to a constant blood regen when you eat well, but no direct blood points from eating. There'd be no benefit to eating 10 tins in 10 minutes, instead you'd need a regular food supply to build your strength back up if no one was around to perform a transfusion.

It's still a good point though. I'd like to see slow blood regeneration perhaps accented by your water and food levels... keep those in the green and your body naturally produces more blood over time. Flashing red water and food' date=' no blood regeneration. This is much more realistic than just eating some cooked steaks... what are we, very finicky vampires?

Transfusions are a clever idea in this mod but the blood supply is too limited and finding someone to give you one (especially if you are wearing the bandit skin) is near impossible.

[/quote']

Love the idea of blood regen +1

If your wearing bandit skin you've been bad, why on earth should the limited amount of suvivors in these zombie times help you?

If your wearing bandit skin you've been bad' date=' why on earth should the limited amount of suvivors in these zombie times help you?

[/quote']

Because in it's current implementation the morality system is mostly meaningless, and players with bandit skins are not particularly more or less likely to shoot you than players without.

I think the damage is largely fine as it is' date=' assume the zombies are clawing and biting at you trying to eat your delicious flesh. One or two zombies don't inflict that much damage as it is, it's larger groups that are deadly.

[/quote']

I've been able to escape being pounded on by large groups, and yet magically often I've had a single zombie take an off-handed swipe at me and suddenly I'm gushing blood. Yeah right.

Humans - infected or not - aren't built like wolverines, we have very little means to inflict puncture or laceration damage unless we want to go down the mutated "special infected" route with 10-inch blades sticking out of their forearms, in which case lol.

the cans of food don't need to give u more blood u can an abundance of them all over the place towns barns well just about every where. where as meat is harder to find and it varies how much u get depending on what u kill and blood bags well they can be dangerous to get as they are in the bigger towns were a lot of pkers like to hang out for u to come so they can take ur life for the hell of it

I think there needs to be a rebalance of damage done by weapons to players and damage healed by food. If you lessen the damage done by weapons to players and the bleed rate, there would be a lot less griefing and death, and less accidental death by shootings and players can just run away

Players should regenerate blood once it drops below 10000. I think that a rate of 10 blood/minute is a fair estimate. This could scale with hunger / thirst levels and even increase the rate at which you need to eat / drink for the sake of realism.

See I would very much like the idea of regenerating blood. As Pendelum said only once it drops below 10000 and 10 blood/minute is more than slow enough. So even if you have the dreaded grey screen of death, you still have to savage for food and drink while your body slowly repairs itself.

Regenerate lost blood on a scale directly related to your food and water levels. Something greenish, regenerate faster, something red, slower. Flashing red, not at all. No regen while you are offline.

A slight increase would be nice, but getting blood by way of hard to find transfusion packs and cooked meet is more interesting to me

Blood regen in large quantities is a bad thing. I wouldn't mind if it was like 10 or so even 5-10 minutes. This way you can't get into a fight and just shrug it off saying "in a few mins I'll be full bloood anyways". That is against the whole "survival" thing, don't you think?

Zombies unable to rip flesh from bone? I don't know what some peoples concept of a zombie is but just think back to how many zombie bites to the neck/face/head area you've seen in the movies. Let's assume they aren't simply flailing their hands but that animation represents a wide range of actions that cannot be translated in-game without loads of effort for a minor aesthetic change.

Blood regen should be boosted when you eat/drink when hungry/thirsty. Outside of those windows I'm not sure.

I would like natural blood regen, but then you should get hungry faster, eat and drink more. I had 4k blood once, with a nice geared char, but i hated that i was almost unable to see sh.t and i had 2 can of food left + didnt found any more can anywhere after 30min playing, just empty cans (after 2 day playing i still didnt found knife so i was unable to hunt animals). I gone suicide. Stucking with 4k blood without regen, was boring like hell. Now after 1 hour of play, 2 zombie attacked me, i killd 1, other hit me once, i started to bleed, i killd it right after that, and bandaged myself. now im at 11k blood... it sux. Blood shall regen slowly IMO.

Terribly spelt story...

You do know that canned food gives you blood back too? And that if you had been playing for 2 days at 4k you would have to have eaten a minimum of 2 times while logging on.

You must have found food between these times, otherwise you would have succumb to hunger first!

Your story is dubious and exaggerated sir!

I am happy without a blood regen to be honest, you can quite easily get enough cans, or blood packs, find a knife.

Terribly spelt story...

You do know that canned food gives you blood back too? And that if you had been playing for 2 days at 4k you would have to have eaten a minimum of 2 times while logging on.

You must have found food between these times' date=' otherwise you would have succumb to hunger first!

Your story is dubious and exaggerated sir!

I am happy without a blood regen to be honest, you can quite easily get enough cans, or blood packs, find a knife.

[/quote']

Terribly spelt yeah. dubious and exaggerated. no. with canns i would get back my blood in ages (yes, ages, just to be exaggerated Sir!). And find a knife... yeah... i didnt found knife, Sir... (just for the "Terribly spelt")