Mr-Zer0

Tales of a butthurt player...

Yes there is. Why do you think bandits are bandits? Your stuff and if they have stuff, for fun. Do you not doubt that people will lose their minds in the Zombie Apocalypse if it was real? Do you think that seasoned survivors would just say "That guy has enough ammo and food to last me for a day? Nah, I don't need that, I'll leave him alone"? This isn't a romanticized portrayal of the ZA. It's a realistic and brutal one.

The point is that noone in a real zombie apocalypse would lay on a hill near a hospital and just snipe unarmed people that seek medical gear in that hospital.

Of course people would kill and betray others for their stuff and survival, but not for the hell of just killing someone for fun.

Unless they're some psychopath, which 75% of the DayZ playerbase seems to be.

Edited by Blizzaze

Herp derp its a game, herp derp in a real zombie apocalypse you would kill people. Not really contributing are just really spouting shit people have already stated. Yes its a game, but this is the reason people say the community is shit because you have assholes like you guys who say, "Oh its a game," or "Oh its something you'd do in a real zombie apocalypse." Honestly DayZ was meant to teach people about survival, and how people need to lean on other people, but its taught a more broader meaning. People are general assholes, and no one can get along with each other. You have the people who are constant assholes, you have the people who are constantly nice, and then you have the people who just are fed up with it. Its a three sided argument each with valid points, but all misinterpreting the message. People simply don't know shit about understanding.

You're telling me. I went on a forum I always go to, go to their DayZ server thread and they always talk about how friendly the server is.

Truth is, that server is hostile as shit. The moment I see someone with a gun, they gun me down instantly. I even knew there was a player right around the corner and I used direct com to say "Friendly?". next thing, they gun you down.

There was one rare case where I was AFK for a minute to figure where I am, to alt-tab back in to find myself at gun point by some random stranger. He didn't shoot me so I didn't shoot him (as tempting as it was since the server was hostile as shit).

My rule of thumb has always been "don't trust someone with a gun".

JUST IN: After helping some random wounded players in Elektro, we hear the cries of a man needing help. One of the people I helped ran to him to help, and he shot him, and then after I peek out, he shoots me. He continues to cry out 'Oh Man' to lure the last guy in. Thing is, we all had nothing. To whoever shot us, you are a douchebag. :)

You learned a valuable lesson, and that is that you can trust no one. Stick to people you know well and kill or cautiously team up with the rest.

Case in point: met a guy at some small airstrip today. I just found a pistol in one of the hangars. He sees me and is only carrying an axe. He says he's friendly, then I say I am too. He asks if I have a blood pack, and then starts to crouch run towards me.

I didn't say that I had a pack, and my gut told me something wasn't right. When he was only a few feet away, I opened fire. A split second later - too fast if he hadn't already been planning on killing me - he swings with the hatchet and kills me. Lag from my bullets then brings him down as well.

Trust no one, my friend. It's a dark world out there.

Right now there are not as many incentives to team up and stay teamed up to outweigh the average players innate greed or paranoia.

When more clan and group oriented content is added, stuff that requires teamwork and above all, trust, in order to operate that power plant or building or whatever, or build that massive underground base, have reliable access to nice vehicles, etc, I think there will be less backstabbing.

There are good and serious clans out there, but right now some of them might just not see a reason to actually even care about recruiting, since you don't really need more than 5-6 people to do anything and be safe doing it.

Edit : Still don't trust anyone in game. That will never change, deal with it. My own clan would probably hesitate to recruit anyone outside our own community even when they add more clan content. These forums too perhaps, but very selectivally.

Edited by jovial

At the end of the day, you got shot by the deathmatch virus. One by one the actual human beings are quitting this game, and I'm very hopeful that the community implodes on itself. In the aftermath, DayZ will grow for the better when the community is being led by level-headed players who have a vocabulary higher than "welcome to dayz lol" and "go back to wow".

dude, pull your head out your arse

you hate that chaps can do what they want without design restraints

you hate what they want to do

you hate what their actions do to one another

you hate that they don't need to justify themselves

you hate Rocket for not putting them on a leash

Virfortis, you hate DayZ

please, stop posting your polemic vitriol

Edited by Sandy State Phantom

there are not as many incentives to team up and stay teamed up to outweigh the average players innate greed and paranoia

there are more reasons to team up than not to, Z'sDB posted a great thread full of them (which I can't find no more :()

stranger interaction in DayZ is a prisoners' dilemma, and the results are consistent with any other prisoners' dilemma

I think Rocket's current signature wraps up this conversation nicely. See gif below of Rocket being shot by the type of person the OP was dealing with.

ndws2.gif

Pic related, it's OP

Read the OP before you post... There was absolutely no whine, he just told everyone how low some people can go to acquire nice in-game item, or maybe you read the post and just plain clueless idiot!