Destroyer (DayZ)

Login with no items in wilderness

It's not fixed at all haha. I'm playing on the newest patch 1.7.2 and beta 94700. But as per to my previous post. Just got out of debug wilderness. For those looking for the the process of how I got out of this.

If you have no clouds, just figure out the time of day and head east. If you do have clouds, it is a lot easier since clouds travel to the east. In any case, just run east. I ran for about a good 15-20 minutes. Although, I did not see any grass of trees, I stopped running and respawned, thus killing myself. Aborted and joined the game again and it allowed me to create a new character. Of course the downfall of this is that you lose all your items, but at least you can play again!

Edited by AngryBenko

Same for me, i just spawned there without all my items, even basic items like torch, backpack etc.. i have completely NOTHING in my inventory, will my stuff will come back in a few hours, will it come back if i escape the area ? im playing for a few days, i wouldnt like to loose all of my stuffs .. :(

Edited by Inexorable

This shit happened to me too :-( in the wild and no items left in my inventory. Im a little pissed because i only died a single time till now and that was a zombie. I was fully eq and its a shame that i have to loose everything at this way. A bullet in the head ...ok, a zombie eat my leg...ok but nearly naked in the wilderness without really diying is just shit ^^ ok lets say it where ghost which took me there and plundered my backpack

Nahh its time for a break, cya

You should be looking for grass and tree textures.

Do we get our stuff back if we make it, because i spawned with nothing but i had gear before?

EDIT Thank you guys i followed clouds and found trees within 3-4 minutes.....But is there a way to get my stuff?

Edited by Robie

i have the same problem, lost my night vision m4a1 cco m9 supp as50 military flashlight alot of ammo rangefinder matches hatchet compass gps gilliesuit lots of food and drink and a coyote backpack AAAAAAAAAAAND its gone

This just happened to me. Again. Third time in 2 days. This time I had some seriously good stuff. I even had 2 pairs of NVG's and was just about to put the second pair into my tent. Now it's all gone. Everything. FASFUHGGIAIGFJOIABNPHRh

EDIT: I just downloaded 1.7.2.1 and logged in to SE 3 and it continued from where I was 2 sessions ago (so last pre-wilderness-spawn session was completely lost - not that I mind; I got my stuff back!).

I'm happy again. But considering this is an unfinished patch, I'll soon be crying inside again when I die from some bug.

Edited by Athrins

If this happens to anybody more than once may be worthing rasing an official bug @ https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1 (you have to register). Just a. check if already raised (you can update somebody elses bug I think) or b. ensure you put the version number in the subject.

Makes me wonder if the Bug section of the forum is worthwhile?