Sign in to follow this  
Effectiv

Player hacking in US167

A person by the name of "Overpowered" is hacking right now in US167. I killed him at least 4 times and he respawned right where he died and attempted to kill me with a DMR. He had the same loadout each time he came back.

He was on the highest structure in Cherno (the one with the yellow barrels and letters at the front) on the platform right before the top (one with the enterable room).

Time of occurance: 10PM central.

If any admins can, check the logs and you can blatantly see "Overpowered was killed by Preston (2)" and something about friendly fire. At least, I could.

I couldn't get any screenshots or video, so if this isn't enough for a ban, keep an eye out for him.

Hello! As one of the admins for US167 I have to tell you that if you see him hacking, you should get video proof of him doing it. Its the only concrate way we can ban an individual.

I will keep an eye out for this person. Thank you for this post.

Anytime.

Is there a way to check the chat logs?

If you can, maybe you can go to the time it happened and get the info there?

This respawning "hack" is caused by someone joining a different version of DayZ server than what they have installed. It is extremely easy to do even on accident.

Not exactly. Server logs do not show who killed who in DayZ.

Arma2 server logs are shit, its not DayZ's fault.

Pray it gets better in Arma3.

Alright.

I saw a post on reddit of someone looking through logs and seeing what a person's gear was that way, so I wasn't sure if you could do something similar with kills/deaths/chat logs too.

All I know is I killed him 4-5 times, he respawned each time with the same gear near the place he died in and tried to kill me.

If I see him again, I'll try to get a video or some screenshots. I just wasn't sure which button on the keyboard it was to take one, and thought print screening would take too long to do individually.

I recommend downloading or buying a screen capture softwear or taking Steam Screenshots of the individual, as Steam saves timestamps of the individual and its a lot harder to dispute the claim. Show it stating "You killed so and so" with the time, this way we can ban them properly on our server, then send those logs/images to a Dev and they can decide if they should be globally banned or not, or inform us this is a current glitch. Either way, if it is a glitch, the individual could be unbanned and they could be spoken to why this is a ban and they shouldn't be exploiting it or abusing it, or they will simply get permabanned for intentionally knowing about it.

For example, killing people in debug forest is a problem and is a bannable offense if caught doing it, however I know a lot of people, myself included, who first spawned into debug forest and shot a few people in confusion before doing anything else simply because its a kneejerk reaction.

Now, I am not trying to make an excuse for a player that conviently respawns ontop of chenro with a DMR sniping people... I am just wanting to eleminate all possibly chance that it COULD be a mistake. Its safe to cover your bases.

I don't know how a person can look at logs to see gear... We do not have access to that at all. That kind of information is stored in the HIVE were Devs can see it. We as Server Admins do not have permissions to view that at all. I am sure you can guess how that can be abused very, very quickly.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

Oh no, lol. I know the drill.

I used to be quite a hacker-catcher-type person in many of the FPS games I've played.

I have FRAPS, 1080p screenshots ftw. And I don't run ArmA off of steam, bought it off Amazon :D

If I see him, I'll get the stuff you need if I get the jump on him. But to be honest, I think the chances of me running into him on your server again are quite low.

If you ever see him on again, let me know and I'll hop on. I despise hackers and you guys seem like some cool people.. so I wouldn't mind helping out.

Hehe. If we happen to see him, I wouldn't exactly request anyone to keep an eye out. Not possible to do that unless I did it through global chat when signed in... which then would notify everyone on the server, hacker included.

Very nice, its good you have everything setup then. I hope you catch someone in action!