Sign in to follow this  
tropiK (DayZ)

MREs

A friend and myself were talking about alternatives to the glorious beans found in DayZ. MREs came up as an alternative or an addition to beans.

A real MRE can easily last you a day, at least, so we'll say one MRE in DayZ can last you for 3 meals. Similar to ammo, there would be a green bar next to the MRE in your inventory that would represent the number of meals you have left before the MRE is gone. Of course MREs would be a rarer form of food.

Just an idea...

• Like 3

Good idea. Maybe they should be restricted to military areas. Why would residential areas have MRE's?

• Like 2

And don't forget the glorious British 24hr rat-pack (ration pack) ... pears in chocolate sauce anyone? blerg... ;)

Good idea. Maybe they should be restricted to military areas. Why would residential areas have MRE's?

To feed the civilian populace. Think post Hurricane Katrina.

those will really be useful, but heres the question, how much blood do they restore when eaten (yes, food restores blood) i would think with how usuly the rations are packed with foods that give good balanced nutrition would do more for your blood levels then generic food packed with perseratives

Edited by Yukimare

Sounds like a good idea. There've been several threads popping up about stacking foods / multiple-use foods, and MRE's would be one of the better ones. I figure 3 charges at 400 blood each? or maybe to make MRE's the 'best' source of food, drop Cooked Meat down to 500, and MRE's 600 each charge (total of 1800 blood)? Or also make Cooked Meat stacked/charged (whatever you want to call it) and make it three charges, 400 each (total of 1200) or so.