beepharoni

Infected Aggro Radius

I confirm that the aggro is totally random and has nothing to do with range. I aggro'd a far away infected (about 60-80m I'd say) without aggroing closer ones (15-20m). I guess if the problem was only about increased aggro range, I'd have aggro'd all of them.

Anyone finds zeds should be able to hear gunshots from farther away ? it's kinda ridiculous right now I can fire my M1911 and zeds 30m away won't even react lol. Breaks the immersion for me.

Edited by Bat

Anyone finds zeds should be able to hear gunshots from farther away ? it's kinda ridiculous right now I can fire my M1911 and zeds 30m away won't even react lol. Breaks the immersion for me.

I actually have the opposite problem. Not only do i aggro from a mile away, but if i shoot a shot to dispatch an infected in berezino, it feels like i get all of the infected from cherno running to the noise.

I actually have the opposite problem. Not only do i aggro from a mile away, but if i shoot a shot to dispatch an infected in berezino, it feels like i get all of the infected from cherno running to the noise.

It's supposed to be like this, so that bandits and shoot-first people would agro a whole town of zeds and be eaten alive. Well, that would happen if zeds were not to disappear on log off.

This happened many and many times today. Crouch+shift didn't work. Zombies saw us on the distance in 50-100m. Wat a good patch! Wat a nice work!

Btw, disconnects happens randomly and all people teleports back to the start (where they're logged in)

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

They seem to aggro a lot farther than they used to during the daytime, and it's about the same during the night, perhaps a little less. Basically there is now several factors that can give you away to the zombies, ie. Stance, whether you're standing in the sunlight or in the shade, what type of surface you are standing on, if you're walking or running, what type of weather etc. And if all of those are not in your favor, it multiplies them together (or so I understand).

Yeah, no matter what, even if im prone not moving I'll aggro 150+m away.

It's supposed to be like this, so that bandits and shoot-first people would agro a whole town of zeds and be eaten alive. Well, that would happen if zeds were not to disappear on log off.

I don't think that you read my comment. I get aggro from a mile away, without even firing a shot.. i could be crouched, in the forest, and get aggro.. THEN i shoot, and i have a minimum of 3 additional infected chasing me. I understand why they should aggro from noise, and i liked the way it USED to work. However, the way it works now is just plain silly. I shouldn't get hostile infected chasing me when i am crawling through a field 200-300m from the closest building.

i had infected aggro from a far distance since the 1.7.2 patch. I see them running towards me from a distant hill( where the infected is just a few pixels in size) even when i crouch walk. Also, I used to be able to crawl around Chernogorsk without issue but after the patch they all seem to be super psychic. I crouch walk inside buildings and the next thing i realized, the infected followed me behind every side of the outer wall. This is frustrating especially when I'm trying to loot for supplies. Hope this can be fixed on the next patch. :)

Confirming this bug.

Playing on various 1.7.2

Zombie react to me very far away, even when I crawl. They also seem to hear through objects when they aren't supposed to. Night doesn't seem to lower their vision. Very vague information, sorry. Was running for my life all the time.

i hope they fix it or i will be choosing to stop playing, 1.7.1 aggro was fine, all they had to do was fix the speed and animation of the zombies, now you can not even sneak past them without some zombie running 10 thousand miles to attack you, and zombies still hear and sense you and try get at you through concrete walls... sad really sad...but hey at least we have bear traps right /s

I don't think that zombies spotting players from 100 or 200 meters is a bug. I rather think that this is intended. As stated in the change log of the 1.7.2 patch the aggro mechanics now uses an exponential probability distribution, which means there is always a positive probability that a zombie spots you as long as you are visible. This probability drops very fast with increasing range but stays still positive. So in some cases zombies can be aggroed from 200 meters away if you are visible to them (which means visibility > 0?). But it shouldn't happen too often.

It's odd that they would work on adding bells and whistles (bear traps) while the core game remains unstable and unplayable.

Fix core game THEN add new items and whatnot please.

I agree with this. It seems some zombies, agro farther than others.

I was crouched in the industrial district of Berizino and slow walking. I then stopped to look around and there were about 4 walkers about 40 meters in front of me. I then see a hopper about 200 meters away, run out from behind a building and run after me. The zombies that were closer to me were not agro'd until I started running.

I'm a pretty new player and earlier on today I didn't notice a huge difference with Zombie aggro ranges. I did aggro some a few times when I was crouch running from moderately far away, but I mean, it was broad daylight and they could see me. I actually think the worst thing is that the zombies run so damn fast! I prefer slower zombies, not insanely slow, but slow and sure, I mean, you can't gun them all down anyway cus you will run out of ammo, fast one's just means you die all the time from zombies, more people would starve from failed attempts to sneak into places and having to run away etc. At the minute if I need to run, I just let myself die because I know I cant shake zombies no matter what I do.

... So in some cases zombies can be aggroed from 200 meters away if you are visible to them (which means visibility > 0?). But it shouldn't happen too often.

Visibilty is always > 0, so by this token, zombies will always aggro.

posts saying that they should agro, do not belong in this thread. this thread is a bug report regarding how zombies can aggro players who are prone in a field with 12 visibility or less from 200m away. If this is working as intended, then I have to seriously question why the dev's would allow a zombie to aggro someone who is crawling very very far from the town.

The original bug report actually says he was crouching, not prone, in a field 200 meters away. So no I think your wrong. I am getting aggro further away while crouched, but my head is entirely visible and visibilty stay at like 70% or something in daytime while crouched. So I was pointing out that this seems reasonable, unless zombie's are all meant to have cataracts or something.

Just for the record, 200m isnt that far. It's 1/5th of 1km. I mean, I can see players about 3 miles away in this game sometimes.

Just for the record I am not trolling, I just read the original post. I probably shouldn't be posting on bug reports though, so I will refrain from commenting on any others before I get a slap from the admins.

Edited by Don Gordleone

The original bug report actually says he was crouching, not prone, in a field 200 meters away. So no I think your wrong. I am getting aggro further away while crouched, but my head is entirely visible and visibilty stay at like 70% or something in daytime while crouched. So I was pointing out that this seems reasonable, unless zombie's are all meant to have cataracts or something.

Just for the record, 200m isnt that far. It's 1/5th of 1km. I mean, I can see players about 3 miles away in this game sometimes.

Just for the record I am not trolling, I just read the original post. I probably shouldn't be posting on bug reports though, so I will refrain from commenting on any others before I get a slap from the admins.

1) I am the OP.. 2) Since then, I've gotten agro while laying prone. C) 200m is far enough in the game that i shouldn't be pulling 4 infected from behind buildings in town 4) I still maintain that this isn't working as intended.

• Like 1

u would like to see a mod post on this so we know that somthing is being done about it i was going to upload a video but for some reason im haveing problems

I have noticed this too. I dont think it is a bug. Crawling gets you around them very easily.

However , i have noticed , killing zombies now is a much more efficent way, Instead of avoiding them , shoot them. I have yet to aggro more than 5 or so zombies doing this. I stomp around every where , i dont even sneak. Not worth the time. Scout the town , clear a path in , or drag them to a building and kill them. I am up to 700 dead zombies.

Most players avoid all the gun fire , and the ones who do come , usually try and sneak to me while im stomping around and i just shoot them. Sneaking isnt worth it.

well... It's not a guaranteed thing that they are going to aggro.. But they do.. Earlier i had a crazy situation where i was crouched next to a wall, visibility was like 27 or something... A zombie was nearby, in line of sight, he didn't aggro.. but his friend from behind the building on the other side, did. It almost doesn't sound believable, but it happened.. I should start to record my play time so i can post videos showing exactly what is happening.

A friend and I were at a tree line near an edge of a field. Both of us crouched, he was looking for movement at an area some 800 to 1000m away as I was looking at my map. We had been motionless for almost 5 minutes. Then out of nowhere 2 infected come at us. Nowhere near a building or chopper so we have no clue where they were. We lost them easy in the woods though. To be honest, I would like the random infected encounter to mix things up away from structures every now and then.

I too would like to confirm this bug. Zombies seem to aggro from behind buildings or structures without reason. They also aggro from very far away. I'm chased out of town waaaay before I even set foot in it. This of course is always happening when I'm crouched.