Sign in to follow this  
Shaimou

Zombie aggro behavior when shooting?

So how does the zombie aggro system work when you fire a weapon? Do the zombies instantly aggro the person who fired the weapon or do they wildly run to the location where the gun was fired and then start looking for the shooter? If I fire my Enfield indoors and hide behind a large object, will the zombies walk to the point where I shot and scout around a little or do they walk towards me in a straight line?

And: Im in a town and I fire my Enfield inside a warehouse. The zombies start running towards the warehouse but they have no visual on me. Am I able to sneak out from the backdoor? Do the zombies keep running into the building or do they come after me? It always feels like they know if I leave the building even if they never saw me.

So yeah. Is gunfire an insta-aggro or do the zombies run to the initial area of shooting and then start to look for food? I dunno if its just my imagination or what but it usually feels like the zombies have a permanent ''target lock-on'' onto me until they get a visual and then I can lose them behind a corner. Sorry if the text is a bit confusing.

Edited by Shaimou

From my experience it seems they go for the spot where the shot was fired. They normally start sprinting and when they reach the spot they start walking. If they don't see/hear you from there they'll eventually walk back to where they were initially.

its been a mixed bag for me. i shot 1 zombie on a hillside outside of a small village, that one shot attracted nearly 5-6 of em from the town up ahead. i used my enfield, and altho i realize its loud..cmon.

i was in a house in stary and nabbed one in the doorway (dont know how he saw me) using my revolver. this aggroed maybe 2 of em....dunno.

all in all my exeriences with this update has been FAR superior than the last version. weapons are more available if u take a minute to look, they spawn at decent time rates also. some may think this makes the game too easy, but you can still get wrecked just as easily.

bandits have gotten dumber with this patch also. one tried to get me in a barn with an axe....i had an AK....didnt work out too well for him.

I've found that they "know" i'm in the building and even if i sneak out via the backdoor they know as well and will follow.

sometimes if escaping out the other door the zombies who haven't yet made it to the building also "know" i've exited even without line of sight and lock on to me.

safest bet is to shoot and move when you can. if you don't attract zombies you'll definitely attract players who will most likely kill you for the hell of it.