GoodNewsEveryone

I'll be the first one to admit this but Zombies are fucking annoying.

The things that annoy me about zombies:

1. That constant shriek spam that they do, gets old after the first 5 minutes of dealing with zombies. Maybe tune it down?

2. They can teleport through closed doors, buildings, etc...

3. Agro is fucking annoying, I hate when a zombie chases me forever. I suggest having maybe a 100-200m chasing radius? I shouldn't have to run for miles (exaggerated) to find a hill that I can use, this makes it frakking irritating as I and probably many others don't have the patience for that.

4. I get the idea of crawling around zombies outside, but if I'm inside an empty building, I should be able to at least crouch without getting 3 different zombies up my ass. (Remove zombie wallhax)

5. If you think people will enjoy crawling for 200 meters to not get spotted by a zombie, you're wrong. Decrease the zombies player agro to about 25 maybe 50 meters.

6. Please remove the zombie model that wears that french hat, each time I can't help but to think I'm being chased by that guy from Mythbusters.

Side notes:

You're putting too much effort into realism. If people loved realism, then no one would play games, people play games for entertainment, so entertain me, let me fuck zombies up, cause chaos in the cities by murdering others, etc...don't forget the FPS aspect of this game. Sure the survival part is a thrill, but how long does will that thrill last with players? A couple days, a week? I suggest more cities, make this urban orientated and less forest orientated. Cities with lots of buildings that can be explored, highrises, etc...I know this takes time, so this is a suggestion to consider for the future of the game.

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with "shriek spam". They make more varied sounds compared to the first few weeks, And I find it's a gameplay feature. If it bugs you, there's only one way to make them stop.. ;)

They cannot "teleport". Your shit connection to the server, and server desync, will cause zombies to "teleport". Zombies can open doors and walk through them. They also can run through fences, as jumping over low fences would get them stuck on a "Jumpover" command, and would be easy to escape them. Similar to how the docks work for slowing zombies.

You can sneak away from zombies. You need to be more careful. Sneak around, don't run around making noise. If you "don't have patience" to run for your life, this isn't the game for you.

You say "remove" zombie wallhacks like it's an added feature in the game. If you are crouch-walking, you make very little noise inside a building.

If you crouch, you are less likely to be seen. If you move slowly, you are less likely to be seen and heard. Zombies are too easy as it is.

I have a feeling this isn't the game for you.

• Like 1

Hills the only thing to break aggro?

no.

You just need to break line of sight. Then crouch walk, if its a night its so easy to pull this off. Even slightly getting dark its not even funny u can run to get 10 metres away from them, crouch walk and they will loose you.

Or run thru a building, crouch walk out the back door.

Im guess you played the mod for about an hour this evening and running up a hill once was the only time you lost a zombie.

Try and give the mod a few more hours than just one. You will figure out all sorts of ways to get past the zombies and also de aggro them, not just the ones i listed.

Have fun figuring it out for yourself

• Like 1

Hey there is a handy thing called the forum search, with it you can easily find the million threads about all of these suggestions. (=

• Like 1

1. You could always turn your effects down in options.

2. Dev team are trying to sort it out.

3. Imo the zombies are thought out to be "relentless brain hungry killers", also it removes alot of the fear and tension of sneaking through a town and whatnot.

4. Agreed to that

5. Don't move in their vision radius, you can crawl behind them no problem.

6. lol, tbh i quite enjoy the image of getting chaised by zombie Jamie from mythbusters.

This game is more about the survival aspect rather than the action aspect of runnning and gunning zombies, more enterable buildings would be nice, but if you enjoy playing in night time (which i do) forests can be terrifying at times even though i know nothing is out there.

• Like 1

Once zombies run slower, a bit quicker than a running player, they should be able to hit you while on the run, as well as knock you down but not break your legs. This would make zombies more of a focus of the game rather than an annoyance.

The wall glitchin does need to be fixed. There are a few things here and there I forget that need to also be fixed about the zombies. But the wall glitching is probably the biggest one alone with the zeds halting to a walk inside buildings.

Okay I'm just going to guess you don't understand what a mod is? To add more cities they would need a custom map and when the mod runs on a map in Arma OA its not going to change drastically. They may change a few models a little bit or fix some buggy pile of rubble on a road perhaps remove it. And as the complaints of aggro we on this forum have heard only 100's of times, there is no game that is perfection in alpha if you don't like it don't play or wait until it further advances. The development team is striving to make this as perfect as they can, in my opinion this mod is great for alpha considering some other games I have played during their release. To make one more post complaining about well known issues is not going to fix them immediately it just litters the forums with posts that you can easily already find. As far as I can tell from reading this your a run and gun player that has little patience for the hardcore survival system this game provides. And to be honest I get a little agitated with the amount of time it takes to progress but at the same time it puts all the other easy games I play to shame, supplying me with hours of entertainment and being able to be killed in seconds only to do it all again.I love the recklessness of charging through the cities after you die and collecting all kinds of gear. That's just me though and not everyone is me so you have you're right to a differing opinion as I stated mine here.

I too find them annoying. I dont find them challenging either.

IMO they have odd and inconsistant abilities of detection which annoy me greatly as well as the infinite chase range.

The update seems to have made them much more inconsistant, sometimes catching agro being completely still across a field, and sometimes I can crouchwalk right by them no problem.

Even at night, sometimes I'm crouch running, and the icons say I have one sound and one visibility, they'll still catch me from down the street. Then I have to either run into a building to lose or slaughter them, or run out of town and slaughter them.

Trying to use walls and fences is too inconsistant during the day, and usually doesn't work. Seems to work most of the time at night though.

• Like 1

Decrease the zombie aggro? Are you kidding me? If you crouch walk you won't aggro a single zombie even if you walk 10 meters in front of them! It's ridiculous, they need to aggro more imo. Currently they are just blind, you should have to plan your route according to their field of vision. Right now the only thing that attracts them is sound. The rest of your points will most likely be ironed out eventually, remember that it's an alpha.

And no, this game isn't for you if you just want to "fuck zombies up". Ever tried left4dead? It's a nice game, give it a go.

Zombies glitching through walls needs to be fixed.

Zombies walking through doors needs to be fixed.

Zombies detecting you through a wall needs to be fixed. (may of been fixed in new update but haven't had a chance to really test that out yet.)

I like that the visibility has increased with the new patch.

I don't like the way zombies have to walk inside buildings. Run into a building, crouch out the other side and most of the time you can get away without a scratch. I know that having them running at 100 miles an hour in a building would be stupid but running 100 miles an hour then moving like a snail inside a building is stupid too. Need's to be a balance or a reason they slow down in buildings.

Oh and GoodNewsEveryone if you don't like sneaking around then this probably isn't the game for you.

Edited by Smokey McCallum
  • Like 2

The new agro algorithm has totally ruined immersion for me. There used to be this cool dynamic. You had to move slowly to avoid being seen by zombies, but a slow moving target was easy prey for bandits. It was tense and methodical moving through town.

Now, even if you're moving slow - courch walking and behind some fences - zombies can still see you from hundreds of meters away. It doesn't feel predictable, just totally random. I come around a corner and a zombie on a hilltop on the otherside of town is sprinting twoards me. He saw me for only a few seconds, and I can hardly see him, and here he comes just bolting straight at me.

Now, all I do is run in town. Its the most effective tactic I've come up with. If I'm going to be agroed might as well kite the zombies to a barn so I can kill them all then loot the town. Also, since I'm running/kiting all the time might as well just run around town until I come across other survivors (most of them are also running balls out) and try to kite the zombies into them.

Edited by mahatmajonny