Akeldama X

Can't join servers since update

I'm kinda new to DayZ but I had a really good start off to it. I got lucky and found good weapons and even Night vision goggles. But ever since this new update every time after I choose a server I get stuck on a screen that just says "Loading...." With a bar on top. I can't tell if the bar is filled or empty. I always choose servers with ping below 100 so I doubt it could be lag. And another thing is I always hear the sound of the ocean through my head phones when I'm stuck on this screen. Someone pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase help. I haven't played since sunday and I really want to :(

How do I find out which ARMA Beta I'm using? I bought the Combined Operations pack off of Steam.

And I'm almost 100% sure I'm running the most updated one..

I don't know how to find your current beta patch without a long winded search.

Your best bet is to download and run the latest patch ( http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ ) "ARMA2_OA_Build_94700.zip" in the green box at the top.

It could also be as Legacy stated, but I swore that hotfix had occurred already.

Yes you do. :)

It'll most likely pop up with a "invalid CD key" error, just ignore it and proceed, when it's fully installed you can try joining a server as you normally would.

If this doesn't work, at least we can check one thing off the list.

Edited by Honeypuff

i have same problem with every beta patch nothig works ...since 1.7.2 im allways stuck in black loding screen :(

i have same problem with every beta patch nothig works ...since 1.7.2 im allways stuck in black loding screen :(

Same exact thing I'm getting, buddy. Do you hear the ocean too?

Now steam is telling me "This game is currently not available" -___-

Okay, now I can't sign onto steam... even though I went to their website and signed on with no problem.

Edited by Akeldama X

I did this all but now on servers i get stuck on "Waiting for character to create"

This is a server side issue, waiting can take up to 10 minutes on a working server to connect, depending on the current traffic at the Hive.

if you can't connect to any server after a prolonged period and you're simply stuck at "waiting for character to create.." then it might be worth a try reinstalling BattleEye as listed here ( http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ ) it also lists several other reasons for this error near the bottom of the page. :)

Oh wow, I should really stop helping! Haha Are you receiving any errors? Any pop-ups? Is it still running in process manager if you just can't get it to open.

I'm updating steam right now. I haven't really gotten any errors.

All is good Puff, now I just need to test this by trying to load a game of DayZ

not for me :( ...somhow i made it (with out sixlauncher) 2 pas loading screen but then i allways get the erro incorect dayz version...