10Lives (DayZ)

Combining more ammunition types

I'll just get to the point.

Combine 1 mag of STANAG into SD STANAG

Combine 1 mag of SD STANAG into STANAG

Combine 1 mag of MP5 Mag into SD MP5 Mag

Combine 1 mag of SD MP5 Mag into MP5 Mag

Like? Dislike? Maybe a change in the process? Post your thoughts below I'd like to see this implemented.

Dislike. The SD mags operate on the idea that the ammunition being fired is subsonic, while normal mags are supersonic. The two are not interchangeable. It would also break the balance of SD weapons to normal weapons. The trade off is supposed to be silenced weapon=rarer ammo.

Not too keen on the SD -> Normal mag conversion, however i will +1 for more combinable ammo types, maybe DMR -> Fal seeing as fal ammo is rare as hell and the base Fal is pretty much an AKM imo.

you cant convert any non-SD mag Into SD, in most cases you can use any of this mags for the same weapon, but converting is impossible because its different bullets types...

How it is now is only a test. More will most likely be added, with a better system than a simple "Converting" system.

7rnd 1911 mag -> 6rnd revolver mag doesn't really make sense. But FAL couldn't because 1. It was a new addition and 2. It already had a "Conversion Pair" (M24 -> DMR)

Yea that is the main problem with the fal it uses the same ammo type as the M14,DMR,M24 yet you can't convert the ammo for it and well its an amazing rifle so without looking for crash sites all the time this needs to be looked at

oh and the M240B uses 7.62 x 51 mm Nato rounds so this could be used also