sye (DayZ)

Cannot get the mod to work

Hi.

I've just finished installing everything and I can't get the mod to work. I've just bought Combined Operations from Amazon.com. I installed Arma 2 and Arma2: OA. I updated both (to 1.11 and 1.60, respectively). Downloaded the mod using the Updater 1.3 tool. Added -mod=@dayz to the shortcut target.

Whenever I start the game I get a 'Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'CABuildingParts'' error, but the game stills loads. I've checked the forum and there seems to not be a fix for this yet.

Whenever I try to enter a non-full server, 2 things happen.

1) It says I have a bad version. I've just updated the game. I'm running version 1.60.8* (something). Some servers say I need version 1.60.92767, which I don't have nor know how to get.

*edit*: just noticed that this is a beta patch. currently downloading it, but from what I see in the installation guide, it still has nothing to do with the second error.

2) I actually connect to the server, but then get a "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" message. I've checked the installation guide and it mentions this problem. However, the solution is for the Steam version. I have the retail version. It says I should launch the game as Combined Operations but I don't have that. I have Arma2 and Arma2:OA as separate games.

If anyone can help me fix this, I'd appreciate it. I've just bought the games solely to play this.

1. It's possible that you are running the beta patch and are going to a non-beta server, or you're trying to connect to a beta server with a non-beta patch.

2. If you get this error it could be the following:

- Your launch options are not configured properly (Judging from your post, they are just fine.)

- You are not launching as Combined Operations, whether steam or retail there is always a way to do this. I heard with Six updater or something that you can launch it, use search.

- You are missing files/did not extract the .rar/.zip files! (You ran the installer, I suggest manually downloading them just for safety)

- You need to extract your Addons from your Arma II folder over to your Arma II: Operation Arrowhead folder. (Rare but sometimes it works.)

2. If you get this error it could be the following:

- Your launch options are not configured properly (Judging from your post' date=' they are just fine.)

- You are not launching as Combined Operations, whether steam or retail there is always a way to do this. I heard with Six updater or something that you can launch it, use search.

- You are missing files/did not extract the .rar/.zip files! (You ran the installer, I suggest manually downloading them just for safety)

- You need to extract your Addons from your Arma II folder over to your Arma II: Operation Arrowhead folder. (Rare but sometimes it works.)

[/quote']

I'm trying Six-Updater now, will update shortly.

When you mention extracting my Arma2 Addons into OA folder, do you mention in the actual Arma2 Operation Arrowhead folder, or to some sub-folder in it?

Try both? Consider throwing it into the Operation Arrowhead folder, and if that don't work? Throw it into @DayZ/Addons

I got it to work.

I used Six-Updater and copied the Addons to my root OA folder.

Much appreciated for the help.