Sign in to follow this  
Nidi (DayZ)

Magazine refilling on login

Date/Time:

7/10/12 and 7/9/12

What happened:

Have one magazine for my AKM, and after firing several rounds I would log off. Log back in after a while and the magazine would have a full 30 rounds, and I would still be in the location in which I logged off.

Where you were:

Has happened both indoors and outdoors

What you were doing:

Simply logging out and logging back in after several hours.

Everyone that I'm playing with (myself included) also "suffer" this bug. Each time you log off, you can be sure that every single magazine, regardless of it's type, will be full on logging back. I rly think this must be fixed quiclky cause the lack of ammo is one of the main point of the survival aspect of the game.

ye, happens to everyone, clip more than alf full = filled clip less than half full = vanished

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

wasnt fixing this supposed to be part of 1.7.2 ?

I can still convert ammo to get unlimited ammo, and logging off and on again with a more than half full clip refills your clip completely, having a less than half full clip makes it vanish...

guess they forgot about that,

i think its quite important so people dont run around with super strong weapons its normally hard to find ammo for, using this over and over again

Edited by Zombo

When I combine this with the fact that I'm currently using a Bizon with 2 clips, and my game crashes about every 40 minutes....

Unintentional profit.

But when I kill a number of zombies to approach a water pump, and a whole new batch immediately spawns right next to it, I feel somewhat justified.

I realy think this bug need to be fixed soon i go a mk 48 mod 0 this weapon is realy powerful and if i ran out off ammo just reconnect on server and i got 100 more bullets.

Only need to spwan more ammunition for rar weapons and none will cry or iam wrong?

Don't forget the recombining ammo bug. (ie, recombine your 1 round left in your magazine of M1911 into a full six shots of 45 ACP, the recombine the ACP back into a full M1911 mag. Rinse & repeat.) You don't even have to log out. Infinite ammo bug, I love you, but I hope you're fixed soon.

Edited by datguy

I have a similar "problem" but not quite the same. The mag in my gun when I log out is reloaded, sure, but there is ALWAYS one mag in my inventory that WAS full and goes down to about 5 rounds. My 1911 seems to be unaffected but its always my STANAG or DMR magazines that glitch up like that.

This was still happening to me as of last night, although I am ashamedly using it for my mk48 :D the game would change a shitload if this bug was fixed, would see alot my shotguns and lower grade weapons being used.

There is another way to refill some magazines. Those, where their type can be changed, for example revolver\colt 1911 ammo. When you change the gun you want to load the ammo into, they automatically refill. Works like unlimited ammo. Maybe those bugs are connected in some way. On my point, there shouldn't be an option to change the type if the clip is not full.

When I combine this with the fact that I'm currently using a Bizon with 2 clips, and my game crashes about every 40 minutes....

Unintentional profit.

But when I kill a number of zombies to approach a water pump, and a whole new batch immediately spawns right next to it, I feel somewhat justified.

I don't know how they are gonna fix this bug. . . unless they make it so that all ammo rounds need to be full to combine. . . but that is allot of programming.

ye, happens to everyone, clip more than alf full = filled clip less than half full = vanished

wasnt fixing this supposed to be part of 1.7.2 ?

I can still convert ammo to get unlimited ammo, and logging off and on again with a more than half full clip refills your clip completely, having a less than half full clip makes it vanish...

the under half full mags no longer disappear but yes i agree with you that the ammo count should not be resetting on login, as said before in the thread all that has to be done when low on ammo is dc and reconnect, im not sure how this would be acheived unless you were to rename the item to represent how many shots are left.

It's still been happening to me lately. Even if there's only one bullet in the magazine it will completely refill on login.

Ive tried to post a topic about this ammo bug and a 100% item clone glitch twice, but seems like nobody cares...