Sign in to follow this  
t3hnoob

is there even a point in going to nw airfield?

My experience with the NWAF is that so many people are terrified of going there, they avoid it like the plague. As a result it is usually empty. If you go to either barracks I will borrow a quote from Radiohead "Your alarm bells, they should be ringing". Go in, get something, get the fuck out.

No, unless you have a group and are planning to farm for NVGs.

Most of the time, when you raid, all you'll find is mediocre military loot spawns. Maybe you'll get lucky at the barracks, but even they have a chance of spawning trash or generic loot. People go to the NWAF to either A. Kill experienced players, or B. Get with their group, guard a Barracks, and farm it.

Farming loot REALLY needs to get fixed X/

If you want NVGs, wait until you get lucky with a downed chopper.

I'm pretty new, and havn't started playing with a group yet (which I think is what some of the most popular places require if you want to effectively loot an area safely) but if you want to solo places that their is a higher chance geared out people Re in the area you can always find one of the lesser populated servers (Though, from what I can tell server hopping seems to be frowned upon by a lot of people, which maybe someone could explain to me what constitutes server hoping? Is it more leaving a server looking for loot to be in the same area?) and just be careful. Also, night time is a good time to avoid getting shot sometimes.

They're basically free kills for professional players.

two things in that sentence made me laugh...

free kills...

and

professional players...

what a joke

Neither of those mean a thing in the gaming community or real life...

I hope no one is basing their self esteem off these non accomplishments.

• Like 1

Crash sites are so uncommon the chances someone else has found it and decided to wait around for hours hoping that someone else will also come along are rare. Of course this varies depending on how far off the beaten path they are and how populated the server is.

The Barracks, on the other hand, are either the only place or the only place other than a helicopter that a lot of good weapons spawn. Two doors, you're going in one or the other. If someone's not there to get the loot themselves there's probably someone there waiting to kill those that are. It's not some place you go with everything you just spent 4 days acquiring, it's some place you hit with friends, carefully, when you've got a camp full of backup equipment somewhere.

Either that or you do what I did and just man up and hit the place solo with everything you own and walk away with an M4 CCO, M14 AIM and M249 SAW.

well, ill most like hit it again later with one a my friends(2 players total),any tips would be welcome...

dont stand in the open, ive not gone their yet myself, but ive seen a bunch of vids of snipers, waiting for the prey to not move in the open and boom, their dead. so if you get some good loot, dont go looking for all great loot, just run for the woods in a zig zag coming out if you do happen to aggro a zombie or two, kill them once your into the woods out of line of sight from most high ground. its not foolproof, but it will help.

Only reason would be the barracks as some wepons only spawn there and the NWAF is only place that has barracks.

I would love to get my hands on an SVD camo but don't want to risk going into the NWAF, I usually go there early on in a life then never return :P

Yes, shooting people like you and laughing at their forum posts.

Hence the reason the game will ultimately fail. But I think Rocket will figure out how to even the odds, if not.... fail. Starting a character solo is darn near impossible on a server with a large number of players. Especially when 90% are playing the game just for PvP, and have no intent to do anything but.

From personal experience, anyone camping the NW airfields would be a solo sniper either on a hill near them with a perfect field of view, or in the control tower. Snipers are easy to dodge, just don't go out in the open and stay low and even better, if you get a look at one then sneak up behind him and kill him! Another good idea is just to figure out what course your going to take, getting all the higher tier loot then fucking bailing to the nearest forest before you get shot. In the end, you just got to have the balls.

As part of a group who regularly raids the NW airfield, I'll give you a few pointers after addressing if it's "worth it".

The two barracks at the NW are absolutely great locations for procuring military grade weaponry. They also have the chance to spawn the rarer of the items there. Consider the loot tiers for higher quality military weapons as Stary Sobor < NW Airfield Barracks < Helicopter Crashes. The benefit to the Airfield is that it is a consistent location, as Helicopter Crashes are hard to come by (or often, easy as hell. luck and probability and all that jazz.)

However, there are a few considerations if you want successfully raid the airfield.

• Do Not Linger: the longer you stick around, the more likely enemies are going to spot you. A key thing that we look for is zombie spawns which give away that someone is in the area. It's very easy to scout the airfield and know where other players generally are simply by the existence of zombies.
  • Do Not Get Greedy: snag the equipment if it's for you, and move on. Don't sit there and cycle it regularly.
  • Scout Often: As mentioned before, it's very easy to tell if players are at the airfield (unless they are sniping for the surrounding area, which I'll get to next).
  • Never Cross the Tarmac: Always circle around unless you are POSITIVE there is no one watching it. (The only way you can be positive is to have a sizeable team watching all angles).

If you're working with a team, it's very easy to control your area at the airfield. Just make sure you only have 1 person looting a barracks with the other on perimeter. We've easily stomped 4-6 man teams with me and one clan mate because they all ran into the barracks to try and snag loot. We simply picked them off one by one as they exited.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

well...thanks for the help...hit both barracks and got an m4a3 cco and an m9...also found a heli 10 minutes later with an m14 aim(3 mags) and a bizon (3mags)took them both and ran...gonna wait till me friend gets online so i can give him one of the 3 main weapons...thanks again!!!

Edited by t3hnoob

NW airfield is definitely worth it. After all, the primary goal of this game is to have fun. If all you do is play it safe then you are just killing time.

But raiding the NW airfield, especially when there are lots of people on the server, is a great time.

That said, you should behave reasonably. Use cover when it's available even if it takes longer to get where you want to go. I like to circle around the entire airfield and approach the tower and fire station from behind. If anyone is camped in there I can kill them. From there, I make my way to the hangars making sure to scan the area with my binoculars to see if any snipers are visible. Since Gillie suits don't work right now that job is made easier.

It's best to go to the airfield with a group. One person as sniper and overwatch, two assault weapons, and at least one suppressed weapon to take out zombies. One guy checks the loot while the rest set up a perimeter and keep an eye out for bandits (bandits are anyone who are not you and your group).

I also recommend not bringing your best gear and come with your backpacks empty. That way you can get more stuff and decide what you want to keep later.

One important thing is to not stick around. Get what you want and get out. Worry about trading clips and equipment later on. Safety is the primary goal here.

And last of all, try to find out when the server restarts. Some servers reboot every 160 minutes and others do it once a day. If you can find out when that restart happens you can show up at that time grab the prime loot and get out quick.

All loot, vehicles, and helicopter crashes respawn when the server resets (except for saved vehicles).