resausk

v1.7.2 Aggros zombies much more then usual?

Two tips since a lot of complaining about aggro comes from those who just rush for epic lootz in every building... As if there will be an m4 around every corner.

1. Flares and smoke grenades seen to have a much larger effect. Toss then in a direction AWAY from you and sit back for a minute.

2. You can break LOS much easier by dodging around buildings then lowering your posture to make less noise.

I snuck into zino to the hospital from the woods with not 1 zed aggro the other day with this patch. I just keep an eye on distance to closest zombie and his LOS/which direction he's walking.

I remember reading a thread somewhere on here where the poster was saying it didn't make sense to have every infected have the same senses; the way it is now, I feel like each infected is almost unique. Sometimes I am spotted by one from 50-100m away when I am crouch-walking, but other times I have had them practically make eye contact from a couple meters away while I stand up straight and they just shamble on by. It's almost as if some have keener senses than others. The uncertainty and unpredictability is refreshing. I think it must have something to do with whatever the hell "exponent driven probablity" is - there is a "random" chance that you may be spotted from afar.

When you're on roads your ear and eye meters are a lot higher than not on a road.

I also agree with most of the stuff that has been said in this topic. New agroing logic is way too off. I already lost all of my equipment thanks to ghillie suit bug and died because I had no weapon to defend myself with, but I can close my eye for this, even tho I had some of the rarest item in the game (NVG, Mountain Dew, FN FAL nightvision etc..). But you can't just forget about this new zombie logic. It is just uncapable of playing. It's like playing super mario without the jump function. Well not really, but you get the point. Zeds are one of the main aspects of this game and they don't even work properly. Perhaps you should address this problem first before creating "first ever tournaments" and designing new forum graphics.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but I just don't think the developers of this mod feel the pain we do.

Oh yeah...the ghillie suit thing has to be fixed...I think 1.7.2 broke it since in .5 I could of sworn it worked...I saw a player with one on before and Ive already found 4 in .2 I tried them on twice in .2 and immediately get sent to water then back to where I was and lost everything I had in my inventory but not my backpack...I wish we could store weapons in our packs or unless Im to nooby and we already could.