esuoh

I found a camp at UK41

Oh and no the weapons weren't duped, we've been driving around the plains for days in groups now after every server restart looking for crashed helis, it's remarkably easy to find all those guns when you have a car to store them in and then the ability to quickly drive to the next place.

• Like 1

LOL well played man...loving the fact this is kinda giving people who have hardly any decent stuff a chance at the game without having to go through the long ass search!! The guy raging was is probably just emotional because he didn't find this place first xP

to be fair, the nervous joy you get from finding someone's camp is far more fun than you could have from going to co-ords given by someone on a forum. fair play to OP for taking them down again though. and i totally agree that hoarding vehicles is fine, for the same reason of it being amazing fun to come across a fully fixed up 4x4 in the woods somewhere!

• Like 1

I think it's ok to repair/hide vehicles on the MAP, I don't see the problem.

Also I think it's definitely ok to find anothers camp loot the hell out of it, then levae the spot with the vehicle you fancy and burn the rest down.

either way, you have fun:D

shoot them, loot their camp, rape their women, but don't spoil the fun by just bringing in people from other servers.

LOL

• Like 2

Just so you know, that camp wasn't off map at all, it was within the map limits so there's nothing wrong with that. We didn't store anything off map, those of you who saw the co ords in the original post can see very clearly that this was the case. So it was easy(ish) for anyone to find and fair game for absolutely anyone on the server.

Oh, I'm sorry for my previous post then. I must have misunderstood the OP. Kudos to you guys for playing the game fairly and stashing your vehicles on the actual map.

• Like 2

Just so you know, that camp wasn't off map at all, it was within the map limits so there's nothing wrong with that. We didn't store anything off map, those of you who saw the co ords in the original post can see very clearly that this was the case. So it was easy(ish) for anyone to find and fair game for absolutely anyone on the server.

The vehicles stored there were found fairly and fixed up fairly and we moved them fairly, again I don't think there is anything wrong with that. We were using them as intended and we took the time and effort to get them where they were. If someone comes on the server and can't find a vehicle that is unfortunate but we were using them a lot and having a great time with them so how is that lame?

People can moan all they want about our camp its travelled with us over a few servers and we have a lot of regular players who contribute to the camp. We had a lot of items yes but we've spent a lot of time building it up.

I'm not bitter that it's been raided, im just sad I wasn't around to join in the fight for it! I'm actually glad someone has found it so we can move around again. I hope you're intending to stay on the server so we can play the revenge game? :D

snipes

Raiding your camp and setting an ambush on your buddies was probably the most fun I had since I started playing DayZ.

You bet I'll start playing more often on UK41. One of the main reasons that I also wrote the coordinates was because it looked like you weren't coming back for the rest of the tents, and even if you did, you would be expecting a crapload of new players trying to find some good loot.

I love causing mayhem. This is what I love about this game. I can stalk someone for 5km, see if they're meeting with someone, take them all down and loot them.

I usually don't hide the bodies of the people I kill, so that you can come back, get a bit of the loot and try to find me (if you can).

• Like 1

That's exactly it, it would be hypocritical of us to be annoyed with people for raiding our camp. As long as it was raided fairly and no map hacks were used or something then its all good fun.

We had great fun raiding other peoples camps we found and battling with groups around these camps. We had no qualms about shooting people and then stealing everything including the worthless crap out of peoples tents. Even using other peoples camps as M203 launcher practice. All part of the game. Some of our vehicles on the few servers we've played on were taken violently from other people.

You found our camp you took our stuff you managed to sneak up on us and take out a few of our players and got yourselves a few vehicles in the process its what the game is about. We've had close encounters with people around the base recently, we've had possible spies joining up with us just to relay our location and its been great fun.

And if the stuff you got from us has kitted you out better then awesome it will make our next encounter interesting!

Raiding your camp and setting an ambush on your buddies was probably the most fun I had since I started playing DayZ.

You bet I'll start playing more often on UK41. One of the main reasons that I also wrote the coordinates was because it looked like you weren't coming back for the rest of the tents, and even if you did, you would be expecting a crapload of new players trying to find some good loot.

I love causing mayhem. This is what I love about this game. I can stalk someone for 5km, see if they're meeting with someone, take them all down and loot them.

I usually don't hide the bodies of the people I kill, so that you can come back, get a bit of the loot and try to find me (if you can).

We've been back don't you worry. ;)

I bet it was great fun, when I joined our mumble last night the stories I heard sounded great. To be honest you caught us very unawares and with a few AFK guys in the base it sounds like. And you didn't log out when we shot back which is great. Confusion reined though it sounds like from our side so we didn't really have much of a plan to stop you. Congrats, enjoy your vehicles but we will be looking for you im sure.

Edited by snipes

We've been back don't you worry. ;)

I bet it was great fun, when I joined our mumble last night the stories I heard sounded great. To be honest you caught us very unawares and with a few AFK guys in the base it sounds like. And you didn't log out when we shot back which is great. Confusion reined though it sounds like from our side so we didn't really have much of a plan to stop you. Congrats, enjoy your vehicles but we will be looking for you im sure.

I'll wait until the admin updates the server, since I'm already playing on the new patch. But the players on the camp weren't afk. Sure, they weren't expecting me to shoot them in the face, but they were moving around, so I doubt all of them were afk.

Dont count on seeing your vehicles and tents full of stuff again after UK41 patched to 1.7.2. All loot inside tents, all vehicles and everything has been resetted and cleared by patching to 1.7.2, and if you'll try to place stuff inside your tents again; they'll simply disappear on the next server restart.

If this is old news for you, dont be mad. I'm just trying to warn other players with tents&vehicles, because this has happened to my camp yesterday.

it only happens to camps outside the map border. I was also in on the raid on that camp. Someone shot me and i almost died. So whoever shot me, im coming for you. It was actualy pure luck we even found you because we were not out to look for camps.

Viking order of business:

Step 1. Fuck shit up

Step 2. Kill all that cannot be pillaged or raped

Step 3. Rape all that cannot be pillaged

Step 4. Pillage the rest

A good motto for your adventure don't you think?

A couple of them were alt-tabbed when you started shooting, I think.

They were in fact AFK I can confirm this seeing as I was in chat when it happened.

Two of them were moving. You can't be AFK and move at the same time. Only one of them was standing still.

So, I'll admit I didn't read through the entire thread so this point may or may not have been brought up, but I feel it needs saying, what with everyone arguing and cursing OP for posting coordinates to a camp.

Rocket himself has specifically said meta-gaming is allowed. Infiltrating TS/Vent, stream sniping, all that good stuff is meta-gaming. This is also meta-gaming. You are given knowledge of a camp outside the game, you then go in game to use this knowledge to your benefit. It's all totally legit.

Until Rocket comes out saying "This type of meta-gaming is okay but this type isn't" then it's all fair game. OP, you can put the coordinates back up if you feel so inclined, don't let other people tell you it's not "cool" or "okay" or that it's "lame".

Wewe mpumbavu! Mimi haja ya nyumba yangu kulisha mke wangu na watoto, na wewe alichukua silaha yangu tu uwindaji mbali na nyumbani yangu ya asili!

Translation

"You fool! You stole the hunting weapons from my home that I use to feed my wife and children."

• Like 2