Sign in to follow this  
wok

Which Arma patches do I need?

I played Dayz for about 30 minutes and I loved it, so yesterday i bought Arma CO.

I got the game downloaders (sprocket.exe) and got both arma and armaco installed, I also installed sixupdater and installed dayz mod. Now I realized my installed versions need to be updated, but I am not sure where to download the patched and which ones.

When I run arma on the bottom right it says "1.10.80665", and when running armaco it says "1.59.79384". (dayz is 1.7.2)

From what I've read I need v1.60 for dayz, but I don't want to install a patch that is so updated that it wont let me into most servers (that happened to me in a few games). And I don't know if I need 1.6 patch for armaco and some other for arma.

Could someone point me to the download link of the patch I need for best multiplayer experience?

Usually there is no problem joining a server with a version below yours, but you can't join a server with a superior version than the one you have.

Try to always download the latest beta patch here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

Roots

Dayz 1.7.2 can't join 1.7.1.5 servers that why I asked about that, at least that happened on my friends computer.

Anyway, thank you guys, I will try installing "ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.60" and then ARMA2_OA_Build_94444.zip, hope everything goes fine.

One last question, since I will need to add "-mod=@dayz" to the arma2 OA beta patch shortcut like the wiki says. Will SixUpdater still work for launching Dayz or I will have to use only the modified shortcut?

94700 is currently the latest beta patch. Is this compatible with DayZ or should i only use 94444?

94700 is compatible with DayZ (there are servers running it), however, I had trouble connecting to servers running 94444 with 94700 installed (kicked by BattlEye for unknown game version).. maybe it has been fixed since then, I have tried it right after 94700 was released

If you are using sixlauncher to install and launch DayZ then you do not need to download any beta patches, sixlauncher does it for you.

I installed the patch manually and sixupdater worked, will I have to install 94700 manually or sixupdater will take care of that?

And since we are talking about patches/updates, the first time I joined a server i got some messages that battleye was being updated but I dont even know what version I have. Should I update it manually?