Sign in to follow this  
weld

FoE kicking players and locking server

* DayZ Zombie RPG - Veteran 3DP=ON CH=ON - US (v1.7.1.5) dayzmod.com - Hosted by FoE

* 5:59PM EST

* Three of us joined FoE server (Weld, Daemon, Rustymjm), logging in near the northwest airfield. One of our group shot one of the [FoE] members, who died, then the three of us were kicked from the server. We rejoined, then were kicked again, then the server locked with several [FoE] clan members connected.

Screen shots:

Server info screen as soon as log back in from first kick:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594723435472986648/DD9437BD7473C10946337336ED0FB00278F66A60/

Kicked again

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594723435472987986/9EC4EB85A4CDE69D9F1C541FE961DC30AFD81688/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594723435472988457/D8D6F23BAE589FA952FAB86956700A849D69C070/

They're still on there:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594723435472987232/08C2E190475F75FFDCA8CEB972028C79B57BABBE/

Server locked shortly after:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594723435473033522/54ABDE397804842A0F7A68D66253C97D1F3392CB/

Yep I was on there was kicked 3 times then when I tried to join the again the server was locked with all the [FoE] guys still on there. It was not a server restartas the [FoE] guys were on there the whole time. It was an Admin manually kicking us since I was kicked from the server once on the loading screen and twice when I was fully loaded in.

So....asshole server hoppers yelling about an asshole server admin?

Nuke them all IMO.

We were not server hopping. We all just were logging in together and we all were near the airfield. All of us were outside of the airfield when we spawned and we were meeting up in the airfield.

Edited by rustymjm

I was the one who killed the FoE member. I had logged in on the South side of the cement wall, near the Southern Barracks. I saw him putting a lot of loot into a pile, and then proceeding towards the barracks. When I shot him in the head, he fell over, unconscious I think. I ran off, thinking he may have help, and hid around the wall near a few trees. When I returned to confirm the kill, as I did not get a Murder or Bandit Kill, yet a FoE member had died, I was kicked, as were my friends. It's not the first time we have had an issue either.

We stole many vehicles in our time on FoE, yet most of the time a restart took place, and even though we saved our newly acquired merchandise they never stayed for long. But I digress. The screenshots Weld posted are accurate. There were four members as well as Elderr(sp?) who was the admin in their locked server, and another FoE member Ander in US 377, also locked.

As pertaining to us 'hopping', FoE had been our regular server to play on for some weeks now. We all logged out in the Airfield last evening.

So....asshole server hoppers yelling about an asshole server admin?

^^THIS

So, server is dead for but 4 or so [FoE] guys. You decide to hop on and get kicked pretty quick after hopping on. You join over and over again, and kicked over and over again. Maybe something might tell you that the admin is trying to protect you?

Since the 1.7.2 upgrade our server has been hosed. We rolled back to 1.7.1.5 only to experience new issues with characters not saving, and loot not acting properly because of what we now know to be hive issues. We quarantined the server from other FoE members on teamspeak while we looked into the issue. Unfortunately we needed the server online to see what was wrong and test the bugs to figure out what was happening. You happened to be unfortunate enough to jump on, when we noticed you we kicked you so you did not lose all your crappy loot too. So the asshole server admin was actually trying to protect you asshole server hoppers while he tested and I poured through forum posts and server data.

We try not to lock a server to conform to 'community rules' since DayZ devs have already said they don't care what people do on servers, and are to busy to bother. But in instances of stubborn people like you, we had to.

If we had the ability to tell you why we were kicking you, we would have.

Enjoy your server hopping day.

Edited by Adron

I appreciate your response, however if you even cared to check your server logs, you'll find that we play on your server quite often. And no, we're not hopping. We logged out in the airfield, and logged in the next day. If that makes us hoppers, I guess we are.

Don't make this out to be more than it is. I killed your buddy who was loot whoring, and you kicked all of us. That's fine, but to justify the kick with a sorry excuse of 'protecting us' is laughable. Not only that, but instead of taking his death as a man, he alt-F4'd, as most of your guys do.

"...when we noticed you we kicked you..."

Regardless of your troubleshooting and/or issues with the server stability, kicking us ALL after I kill one of your clan mates and then locking your server under the guise of 'issues' is a fabrication. Not that it matters though. We're done with your bullshit. Keep restarting your server to get your vehicles back, keep kicking people who put up a fight. I'm guessing that's why you have MAYBE 5 other people who play there.

Edited by -Daemon-

Right, ok. Well if you havn't noticed we've abandoned that server any way because of the issues we've been having and havn't played on it since that night we were troubleshooting it. HFB won't help us with the problems so we cancelled the contract and are setting up a new server that should go live today.

edit: Oh, and if you don't believe us, look around the forums at all the threads of 1.7.1.5 server having hell during the first few days of the hive patch

Edited by Adron

I'm sorry to be stubborn about this. I'm not personally angry about being kicked. It happens.

However, I don't appreciate ad hominem attacks in either direction. I call them as I see them. Given the evidence, how could we come to any other conclusion?

If you were in fact trying to protect your player base your timing couldn't have been more suspect.

Given the nature of things our group has seen in the past it did not seem off base to assume the nature of the kicks/lock, this just happened to be the only time we've had any evidence to post.

DayZ devs have already said they don't care what people do on servers

Really? I'm pretty sure this isn't correct but I'd love to see your source on this. I'll believe they are too busy to deal with individual issues, which is fine, but it seems pretty absurd to say that a clan-locked server - for whatever reason - is within the scope of this game or test. I haven't asked anything of the devs with this post and didn't expect anything to come of it other than as a public announcement of the incident and possibly this discussion.

Regardless, the gracious way you've handled this event has led me to believe I'd be better off playing elsewhere.

Your servant,

Weld

• Like 1