For me, this game is all about the PVP. Why shouldn't we be allowed to kill anybody we want?

The sheer lack of thought required to kill someone is astounding, that's why it makes for such a good casual game concept.

DayZ is the only game where "roleplaying" is truly, TRULY possible, but that's not going to happen as long as we look at it like Battlefield 4: Infection Mode.

The sheer lack of thought required to kill someone is astounding, that's why it makes for such a good casual game concept.

DayZ is the only game where "roleplaying" is truly, TRULY possible, but that's not going to happen as long as we look at it like Battlefield 4: Infection Mode.

Have you ever thought maybe people roleplay as bandits roaming the land for people to hunt? Have you ever read "The Road"? There's cannibalistic groups that hunt for humans to rape, kill and eat. Just because they can.

PVP is not going anywhere, because "kill on sight" could be roleplayed as "I'm a lunatic who trusts nobody and hates the world". Learn to deal with it.

Edited by nuclearaddict

Yeah because there is no "role" where you "play" as someone who likes to kill people?

Derp.

Everyone else is pressing/forcing the way they play/think onto me, why can't I?

No one is telling you how to play. Many people play this game and are not Bandits, and do fine. The key word in that last sentence was "game", nothing to get all riled up about. This allows people to do something they would/could not do IRL. If that is to kill everyone on site, well hide better. Watch people stream all the time that get in and out of cities with gear/supplies and alot of the time, they kill a few folks trying to kill them.

Have you ever thought maybe people roleplay as bandits roaming the land for people to hunt? Have you ever read "The Road"? There's cannibalistic groups that hunt for humans to rape, kill and eat. Just because they can.

PVP is not going anywhere, because "kill on sight" could be roleplayed as "I'm a lunatic who trusts nobody and hates the world". Learn to deal with it.

I seem to recall The Road, where it was a group and not the majority. The idea and concept was that they were doing wrong in somebodies eyes. Even the author tried his best to make it morally gray, but couldn't. Unlike here where everyone that isn't a cannablistic rapist is a carebear.

No one is telling you how to play. Many people play this game and are not Bandits, and do fine. The key word in that last sentence was "game", nothing to get all riled up about. This allows people to do something they would/could not do IRL. If that is to kill everyone on site, well hide better. Watch people stream all the time that get in and out of cities with gear/supplies and alot of the time, they kill a few folks trying to kill them.

Let's look at how I want to play: I want to interact in an urban environment with people that may or may not be friendly, to achieve the mutual goal of survival because we're all screwed if we don't. Sometimes I'm not smart and I get shot and sent back to the beach, other times I stop murderers from getting away (though they just DC now).

Bandits say I can't do that because "carebears can't play DayZ" They also have the tools and power to stop me from playing the way I want at any time, while I cannot do a thing about them unless I play exactly like them. How is that NOT telling me how to play? Because anything other than sitting on a hill and playing sniper warfare is met with "L2P carebear!"

Edited by Virfortis

Always get a laugh when the absolute faggots who cry about pvp come out of the wood work when one of these threads are made.

omgwtfbbq, does it make you mad that I enjoy sniping noobs and not bothering with looting them?

Judging by your first line and by the many lines of tortured highschool level English in all of your posts, you are indeed in highschool. It has been said already; perhaps CoD is a game more suited for you.

I seem to recall The Road, where it was a group and not the majority. The idea and concept was that they were doing wrong in somebodies eyes. Unlike here where everyone that isn't a cannablistic rapist is a carebear.Let's look at how I want to play: I want to interact in an urban environment with people that may or may not be friendly, to achieve the mutual goal of survival because we're all screwed if we don't. Sometimes I'm not smart and I get shot and sent back to the beach, other times I stop murderers from getting away (though they just DC now).Bandits say I can't do that because "carebears can't play DayZ" They also have the tools and power to stop me from playing the way I want at any time, while I cannot do a thing about them unless I play exactly like them. How is that NOT telling me how to play? Because anything other than sitting on a hill and playing sniper warfare is met with "L2P carebear!"
Who is stopping you from getting the same gear as them, not them. Why is it that when someone can't seem to get some basic supplies, then hunt around for higher level weapons, it is someone else s fault?

Anyways, I'll pick back up tomorrow, have a good night.

Edited by AADiC

For me, this game is all about the PVP. Why shouldn't we be allowed to kill anybody we want?

The game is Arma2. It is indeed about PvP, or PvAI. The game is great for that. This DayZ mod is not the Arma2 game. It is a mod.

This mod is not "about" PvP. As the devs (rocket) has described it; a social experiment. That doesn't mean your style is wrong, but it does mean you justifying your style as right is certainly wrong.

If all you do is play to kill people, then you are getting a very shallow experience (enjoy if that is all you look for).

Edited by Slyder73

Judging by your first line and by the many lines of tortured highschool level English in all of your posts, you are indeed in highschool. It has been said already; perhaps CoD is a game more suited for you.

English is my 3rd language :)

But thank you for the compliment anyway.

Who is stopping you from getting the same gear as them, not them. Why is it that when someone can't seem to get some basic supplies, then hunt around for higher level weapons, it is someone else s fault?

Anyways, I'll pick back up tomorrow, have a good night.

I'll be taking this up again in the morning, and thank you for not being a prick like everyone else.

DayZ has a glass barrier to it. You don't see it, but there are places a player does not go because they are always camped. What is stopping me from gearing up is the same that stopped me last time. Sure, I may get lucky if I go inside a town, maybe sneak around for 10 minutes and find a gun, but then what? What's to stop a bandit from picking me off at 500m? I'm defenseless, I have no actual chance of survival. I'll eventually starve to death if I don't go into a populated area, but every populated area near the coast has at least one or two snipers hanging around on any densely populated server. It creates a cycle where people who aren't already geared can't get gear because the gear is under the watchful eye of someone looking to pile up murders for the gallery.

My question is not why I have it so hard, my question is why they have it so easy. Compare my situation, factoring zombie pathing and proper housing planning, to their situation of sitting up on a treeline and watching. Why are there no zombies in the woods? Why is it they can shoot with no fear? Why do high caliber sniper rifles not pull everything at an ungodly distance? They're certainly loud enough. I've been on both sides of this fence. I sit up on the hill and I have absolutely nothing to worry about, really. I'm fully loaded, NVGs, AS50, and I watch people crawl around, marking down the number of times I could have gotten a kill. I even tried this in the daytime, and it was extremely easy. When bandit hunters started getting nearby, I simply moved across the road and into the other trees, they never saw me.

Why did I not have to worry about zombies? Why did they not have to worry about it? Sniping isn't the core issue, really. The core issue is that outside of cities, DayZ is just like ArmA2 because there's nothing distinguishing it. Inside the town, it's a zombie survival game where you're concerned not only with other players, but with the zombies that could swarm at any second. Survivors have to multitask while bandits only have one sole objective. They're two completely different games, and the one with the "easier" time is always going to be the one that wins out. And furthermore, why is it that whenever I suggest zombies go in the woods, it's suddenly a taboo topic?

Edited by Virfortis

I seem to recall The Road, where it was a group and not the majority. The idea and concept was that they were doing wrong in somebodies eyes. Even the author tried his best to make it morally gray, but couldn't. Unlike here where everyone that isn't a cannablistic rapist is a carebear.

In a post-apocalyptic world is there really a right and wrong when there are no laws to fall back on? What's bad in your eyes isn't to somebody else. So to tell someone they're playing the game wrong is forcing your opinion onto other people, when the majority of people worried about "kill on sight" feel like those people are forcing that game style upon them. It's all about survival. Fighting/avoiding other players is just another means of survival

If killing everybody in sight ensures the survival and safety of myself and my group than so be it. I try not to always kill on sight, but you quickly learn to shoot anybody and everybody with a gun. If you're coming at me with an axe, I'll hop on my mic, tell you to back off and run the other way, if you don't listen or respond you can be sure I'll drop you.

If you want to survive, learn to roleplay in the shoes of a survivor trying to make it in a world of cannibalistic lunatics. Be careful, keep your head down and stop letting some guy who killed you on sight ruin your fun. Respawn, try again and don't let yourself get in that situation again.

What i don't get is why people weren't playing armaII before... They joined dayz to do the same they would be doing if there weren't any zombies around. Yet everyone keeps saying that arma is shit but all they do really is playing arma and not dayz...

About those guys that swear and are like "Harden up you whiney bitch" etc etc. The least someone can say is that you re funny. I would say that you are the ones that haven't seen the sun for a while and are not being loved enough in real life so that you don't have to kill people in a digital environment to feel good about yourselves.

This game is an experiment indeed. Sadly, like in real life, the human race shows it's true face, even if they have a choice. You say carebear, i say thinking person, you know an actual human being that can think. Even animals think twice before they attack. Guess where you are. I could make a whole psychological essay about you tough guys but you dont have the capability to understand anyway.

Sorry for any mistakes, english is my third language

get off this game, shooting people for no reason is wrong. go back to cod. also, you deserve to use the lee enfield; it's the loudest gun in the game lol "ringing the dinner bell" for the zombies.

Yeah, it's certainly horrible to kill someone in a FPS game. The players that do that must have no ethics whatsoever.

What i don't get is why people weren't playing armaII before... They joined dayz to do the same they would be doing if there weren't any zombies around. Yet everyone keeps saying that arma is shit but all they do really is playing arma and not dayz...

The charm of the PvP in DayZ is that the firefights are usually uneven and there are multiple groups. You may have groups with rifles gunning down players and groups with pistols and melee weapons, and groups with assault rifles, machineguns and snipers gunning down groups with rifles and pistols. I doubt that's the case in PvP in regular ARMA2?

This game is an experiment indeed. Sadly, like in real life, the human race shows it's true face, even if they have a choice. You say carebear, i say thinking person, you know an actual human being that can think. Even animals think twice before they attack. Guess where you are. I could make a whole psychological essay about you tough guys but you dont have the capability to understand anyway.

So you are comparing the game to real life now? Don't you realize how silly that is? I love to kill players for fun in DayZ, but I would most certainly not do the same if a disaster were to happen in the real world. Killing someone in a game is an inconvenience to them, and can't be compared to ending their existance.

Edited by Herr Robert

Yeah, it's certainly horrible to kill someone in a FPS game. The players that do that must have no ethics whatsoever.

I'm hoping that you're trolling here. Why do it, because it's a game. It allows people to do things they can't do IRL. People take it to seriously.

I'm hoping that you're trolling here. Why do it, because it's a game. It allows people to do things they can't do IRL. People take it to seriously.

I was being sarcastic. Of course I completely agree with you.

Let's look at how I want to play: I want to interact in an urban environment with people that may or may not be friendly, to achieve the mutual goal of survival because we're all screwed if we don't. Sometimes I'm not smart and I get shot and sent back to the beach, other times I stop murderers from getting away (though they just DC now).

Bandits say I can't do that because "carebears can't play DayZ" They also have the tools and power to stop me from playing the way I want at any time, while I cannot do a thing about them unless I play exactly like them. How is that NOT telling me how to play? Because anything other than sitting on a hill and playing sniper warfare is met with "L2P carebear!"

I think you're forgetting the aspect of human nature, or more simply, animal nature in general. I don't want to die, so that nobody over there who may or may not have decent loot/food is gonna help me out, whether they like it or not. It's oversimplified in DayZ because coming back to life takes a few minutes and you only lose your gear. Still, do you want to lose all the stuff that took you hours to find to chance that the new guy over there with the hatchet might group up with you? 9 times outta 10 the guy is gonna hatchet you in the back, so why risk your stuff for somebody you don't know?

My question is not why I have it so hard, my question is why they have it so easy. Compare my situation, factoring zombie pathing and proper housing planning, to their situation of sitting up on a treeline and watching. Why are there no zombies in the woods? Why is it they can shoot with no fear? Why do high caliber sniper rifles not pull everything at an ungodly distance? They're certainly loud enough. I've been on both sides of this fence. I sit up on the hill and I have absolutely nothing to worry about, really. I'm fully loaded, NVGs, AS50, and I watch people crawl around, marking down the number of times I could have gotten a kill. I even tried this in the daytime, and it was extremely easy. When bandit hunters started getting nearby, I simply moved across the road and into the other trees, they never saw me.

And you're assuming that they didn't have to work to get in the position they are in? Sure, some may have gotten lucky and killed someone that had this gear and wasn't paying attention, but I'm pretty sure most don't end up like this.

Edited by billytehbob

So you are comparing the game to real life now? Don't you realize how silly that is? I love to kill players for fun in DayZ, but I would most certainly not do the same if a disaster were to happen in the real world. Killing someone in a game is an inconvenience to them, and can't be compared to ending their existance.

You are supposed to play dayz the way you would act in real life. Not be a shithead shooting everyone on sight.

i hate it when im trying to be friendly then get shot at, it makes me wanna shott on sight but i keep my hopes high for someone that is also friendly

And this is why I never show my face to anyone.

Everyone KoS or shoots this is fact.

Some do not wish to do that, case and point I ran into a guy who saw me as I was running in elektro the other day and he got a couple of shots off in my direction and broke my legs. As soon as he hit me I started "screaming" friendly and he stopped. He felt bad about doing that to me and dropped me a morphine before restocking at the hospital. I found it awesome to meet another person like this, but also sad that his 1st instinct rather than try to reach out over direct comms, was to shoot me.

What alot of the Player killers (you don't deserve the title of bandit if you snipe from 500 m away for no other reason than to kill someone) don't realize is that while yes they are allowed to play the game they want, they're actions still have consequences. In this case it is the destruction of ones ability to trust others.

That said I still hate the fake friendlies over the snipers anyday. Hence why if I wan't to judge a person's true intentions I stalk them a bit and may even communicate without showing my face to them.

Edited by Aeoneth

Elektrovadsk

Never heard of this city. Where is it located?

Edited by Tex Willer

Day Z Facts of life:

1. The best way to survive in Dayz is to group up with other players. Solo is still possible but you need to know exactly what to do.
  2. If you want to group up with other players then you'll need to do it outside the game. Too dangerous trying to do this in game ATM.
  3. Since there is no way to safely group up with strangers in game, shoot everyone you don't know on sight.

One time when I was rollin through Electro wit' my .45, there was this guy camping the roof of an office building pointing a Lee Einfield at the door. I instantly unloaded on dat ass, and he started screaming 'wait don't shoot!'.

'NAW PLAYA', I yelled back as I reloaded and continued filling him with lead, if you're going to point a 1 shot kill weapon at the door I was coming through, you're dead. Maybe if he hadn't been so threatening I actually might have tried working with him on my 20 minute character (who died a violent death in a shooting minutes later, as so many urban youth do)

Edited by Lincolnshire Poacher