joevella.ns@gmail.com

Zombies are Mike Tyson

so far i've died about 12 times, not a single death was due to zombies actually killing me, 6 times i've fatally injured myself from doors, crawling next to walls, and walking over a half foot rock. but today as i finally made the 2-3 hour journey to the main airport, i was crawling and a zombie aggroed from 40 meters away and when he hit me once i was knocked out, broken bones, and in shock, i lost 9k blood in 2 seconds and died.. i was at 12000 blood, i wouldn't mind if i was below 6k, but at full hp, full hunger and water, i was in pristine condition with the best loadout i could imagine in dayz. just for once i would like to die without going WTF?!?!? not one single death has been fair or "as intended"

so far my dayz experience has been frustrating and boring.. not playing untill one hit kill zombies are fixed, ruins the suspense, ruins the immersion, ruins the fun.

Please, please, please dont fix this. I really like zombies actually being something to FEAR instead of something annoying that hits you while you fire away at real players. With zombies being this dangerous you really need to plan what to do.

If you keep getting killed by zombies you should be more careful. Patience pays off. Try it! Once you drop your guard in this game, you die. Simple as that. It's not the games fault. It's your fault.

Yeah I know the feeling, got knocked out 3 times yesterday by zombies, first from 8k blood, then once 12k blood. The third time a zombie ran into me, I started bleeding from 2 places, broke my legs, and got knocked out. Luckily I had a friend with me who could get me up.

Please, please, please dont fix this. I really like zombies actually being something to FEAR instead of something annoying that hits you while you fire away at real players. With zombies being this dangerous you really need to plan what to do.

If you keep getting killed by zombies you should be more careful. Patience pays off. Try it! Once you drop your guard in this game, you die. Simple as that. It's not the games fault. It's your fault.

you're a moron, It's a bug you idiot they SHOULDN'T be able to one hit ko you. It needs to be fixed, you seem to be the only idiot that likes it.

Has happened to me before, was clearing one of the corner houses in Cherno near the clock tower and a zombie dressed in military clothing, ran up and one hit me for 12000 blood, couldn't believe it.

This is what i expect when you say zombie:

residentevil1.jpg

This is what we have on DayZ:

resident-evil-4-20040729030233890_640w.jpg

WROOOONG!

That troll cannot kill you in one hit in RE4!

"I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity. A dark shadowy figure from the bowels of iniquity. I wish I could be Mike who gets an endorsement deal. But you can't make a lie and a truth go together. This country wasn't built on moral fiber. This country was built on rape, slavery, murder, degradation and affiliation with crime." ~ Mike Tyson

you're a moron, It's a bug you idiot they SHOULDN'T be able to one hit ko you. It needs to be fixed, you seem to be the only idiot that likes it.

Im an idiot for not agreeing with you? Thats classic and pretty adorable. I blush.

I believe rocket more so is making them along the lines of infected humans, instead of the risen dead... So a ravaging human, think bath salts or other mentally deranging drugs, can make you pretty damn powerful.

Yes because drus allow you to punch someone in the stomach and make blood come out of every part of their body XD

WROOOONG!

That troll cannot kill you in one hit in RE4!

This is what we have on DayZ; 30s8xsn.jpg Edited by thejester

I'm more concerned how easily they can make you bleed like a fountain with a single hit.

So more like this :

kingkazma_bandage-claw-zombie.jpg

Edited by Toureiro

I think one hit bone break is ridiculous, regardless of blood levels, and one hit KO should be pretty much only when you're passing out on your own anyway. I had two one hit bone breaks and two one hit KOs in the last DAY. Complete bollocks. I think the broken bone should only be possible if a zombie has hit you a couple of times consecutively, to sort of simulate the whole "getting a hold of you and giving you a good old munch" kind of thing. It's not that a zombie would hit you with its fist and break your leg, but more that if you don't get away from it, it will grab your leg and munch. So this means that if you do get knocked out, and the zombies have a good munch on you, then you might be talking about broken bones.

Also, instead of potentially knocking you out when they hit you, maybe there should just be a chance that they slow you down, more like L4D styles. If there are enough of them chasing you and hitting you, you won't be able to get away, which is more realistic for getting chased by a pack of zombies, I daresay.

Edited by Uncle Gus

I don't mind that they knock you out but its the duration that's ridiculous. You should not be 12k blood to 0 from 1 zombie, decrease the duration to like 5 seconds.

Happened to me too. Aggro'd a zed and while I'm running got hit and died immediately, from 12k blood down to -46k

Thats not possible, maybe you got hit by an AS50 or M107? looks more like a sniper or a rock you stumbled upon!

Rocks can do 30k damage if you are in the wrong place, thats not a joke :\

I think the Zeds are a minor issue right now, Rocket should fix the Alt+F4, Hopping, Hacking, Tent-duping and so on first.

Than you can debate about Zeds beeing to hard for you. If you know that this can happen, avoid it! As simple as that!

Something like this didn't happen to me once. I only died 5 times by a player, but 20 times by a bug.

Thats normal for an alpha, so thanks for bringing this to our attention. You should just wait the 1.7.2.5 Update!

Shruu

Edited by Shruu

i will confirm the OP's honest words with a story of my own.

Outside elektro i was, running circles in a field to draw sniper fire from a very horrible shot. When randomly a zombie dressed in a tux throws a very commendable right hook. Instantly taking out 7k of my health and knocking me to the ground. The sole zombie a.k.a. (Anti bandit/sniper zombie prototype) proceeded to eat my organs. Afterwards, i made it back to my body to find that the bastard had taken a bite out of my as-50.

The title of this thread should be "mike tyson should run." No floating butterflies or stinging bees in these zombies punches.. just terror and grief.

I've been knocked unconscious several times when I shouldn't have been.

how do you know when its possible to knock you out

its random

can i rent your crystal ball for a day?

i just noticed that recently the time you are knocked out greatly increased,

it now seems unlikely to survive if you've been knocked out with less then 6k blood.

dying with 11k blood is unfortunate, but very well possible.

i am fine with that - new game new luck. lost all that imba gear? will get better gear this time.

learn to think like that and you will master dayz any day.

how do you know when its possible to knock you out

its random

can i rent your crystal ball for a day?

i just noticed that recently the time you are knocked out greatly increased,

it now seems unlikely to survive if you've been knocked out with less then 6k blood.

dying with 11k blood is unfortunate, but very well possible.

i am fine with that - new game new luck. lost all that imba gear? will get better gear this time.

learn to think like that and you will master dayz any day.

12000 - Max Blood

< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one shot Knock out" from zombies

< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade

< 5000 - May fall Unconscious

< 4000 - Black and white screen, loss of much hearing capability

0 - Player Dead

if i HAVE full blood i should be 100% sure not to get knocked out by a zed, shouldn't i?

there have to be some constants and it can't be everything hurr durr random

Thats not possible, maybe you got hit by an AS50 or M107? looks more like a sniper or a rock you stumbled upon!

Rocks can do 30k damage if you are in the wrong place, thats not a joke :\

I think the Zeds are a minor issue right now, Rocket should fix the Alt+F4, Hopping, Hacking, Tent-duping and so on first.

Than you can debate about Zeds beeing to hard for you. If you know that this can happen, avoid it! As simple as that!

Something like this didn't happen to me once. I only died 5 times by a player, but 20 times by a bug.

Thats normal for an alpha, so thanks for bringing this to our attention. You should just wait the 1.7.2.5 Update!

Shruu

I was running down a side street with a building that you couldnt enter behind me and another building like that in front of me, If i was shot it had to be from behind and I already checked that fairly good. I don't think I was shot.

I was running down a side street with a building that you couldnt enter behind me and another building like that in front of me, If i was shot it had to be from behind and I already checked that fairly good. I don't think I was shot.

I was playing a few hours ago, I was in a building(those bars) upstairs checking for loot und broke my legs for no reason. Took my morphine and it was just a little annoying. 10 seconds later broken legs again, okay next morphine. AGAIN broken legs why? BECAUSE FUCK YOU THATS WHY!

Either this was buggy as hell or it was a hacker. None the less, it pissed me off

Edited by theRapist

Oh, and I think I've already said this before but no harm in flogging that horse: one shot knock outs I can understand and tolerate, but one shot leg breaks are just plain fucking bullshit.

Well, I mean this is what epi-pens are good for, no? xD

I'm only kidding, unless you were able to use an epi-pen yourself, but wouldn't make sense because you're knocked out.

Edited by Kizoja

I was playing a few hours ago, I was in a building(those bars) upstairs checking for loot und broke my legs for no reason. Took my morphine and it was just a little annoying. 10 seconds later broken legs again, okay next morphine. AGAIN broken legs why? BECAUSE FUCK YOU THATS WHY!

Either this was buggy as hell or it was a hacker. None the less, it pissed me off

Me and a friend were raiding the firestation in cherno and he morphed through the window and was on top of a building that there was no way off of except falling and breaking his legs.