darksider2000

Possible PvPalooza Fix {Read before declining}

Hi!

Hello DayZ community! I've been playing DayZ for only 1-2 weeks so far, and I've already acknowledged the issue that everyone's been talking

about lately - there's too much PvP. The issue is of course subjective, and what might seem like a deathmatch to one person may seem like

realism to another, but this idea recently came to me and I just had to register on the forums and share it, now I don't know if it has been

suggested, and I had no idea how to search for it on the forums, so if something like that was suggested or if something else is already

being worked on, please do tell.. Whatever you do don't yell!! Just read me out.

PvP Is Necessary!

PvP is necessary in a game like DayZ, that is obvious, but in times like this, when most people kill on sight, it can get a bit out of control, in my opinion at least. The problem is that from the moment you start the game, your first death will probably be from another survivor, and whether you tried to communicate with him or attempted to murder him doesn't matter, because from that moment on you will not be able to trust any other survivor you meet in your travels, and that's how it all starts. Since the moment you get murdered you will also become a "Kill on sight" person, not because you enjoy it (Although maybe you do) but because you know if you don't kill him, he'll kill you. So I thought of a subtle way to help you figure out, whether or not the survivor down your iron sights is worth approaching.

Distrust

After the first time you murder an innocent person, you become a bandit, but according to the humanity system you'd lose humanity. If your humanity drops too low, whenever another survivor aims at you, he will hear heartbeats, that's quite simple and elegant. But how can you do the same the other way around? What if there's a player who's been helping others ever since he spawned, there's no way to tell if he can be trusted.

Correction - there was no way, but now there might be.

The Possible Fix

When you meet another survivor on your travels and you both team up instead of inducing

an adrenaline filled massacre, you can both give each other an increase to humanity, a "Token of gratitude" if you will, for not stealing each other's beans and Mountain Dew. Then survivors with high humanity will have a different sound playing when aimed down upon, a less intense, more calm loop that will tell the survivor who was about to pull the trigger: "I'm a good guy".

Thanks for reading.

This is my suggestion to you peeps,it could potentially help.. It's not too realistic.. But then again, what's realistic about 50 players scattered across 225 squared kilometers just looking for their next ALICE Packed survivor to kill.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, feel free to comment.

The possible fix is a good idea, but im not sure if there is a possible way to code thay :P. It would be nice though. And I have my music turned off(because it scares the shit out of me).