Sign in to follow this  
esham (DayZ)

Bad serial number given in Setup

Hi guys, As I was about to join a server for the first time via Six Launcher and I got a error saying "Bad serial number given in Setup". I was wondering how I can re-enter the number? I have my book with my number with me of course. I must have not entered it right the first time.

Also I see a large list of servers and not really sure which one I should join. I'm from the west coast of the united states.

Thanks!

I had the same problem. You have to reinstall Battleye. Go to your steam account, then click on Arma II and choose "install Battleye".

Esham - once you get your serial number sorted out, I'd be down for playing with another gamer on the west coast, since that's where I'm at.

Good luck and look forward to talking to you more soon.

The game was not installed by steam. I manually installed Arma II Combined Forces. But I take it I have to do a full re-install?

And thanks Zybul, I watched a few game tutorials and did some basic training. Soon as I get this thing re-installed most likely tomorrow (work in 6hrs) I'll hit you up. What server are you in?

Ersham - I haven't found a "home" yet. I'm flexible still. I seem to play mostly on the seattle servers, though.