Sign in to follow this  
catch_22

Spawned. Died. Middle of nowhere. What happened?

I had played successfully on the new patch for about two hours, logged out in the middle of the forest in a safe area far from any zeds or towns to eat dinner.

Logged back on, same server, and I see the message "catch 22 has died", and it asked my to pick my gender. Instead of that, I panicked, exited, and picked another server. This time I was in the middle of a like... limbo-esque plains land with nothing in my inventory, but the same blood levels and food levels as my once alive character. There were also about 3-4 other players there.

Now... I understand the whole "Dont get attached to your gear" montra... but that's the thing. I got the game two days ago and have been having a really difficult, unfun time. But I managed to find a pistol, kill a bandit player that tried to jump me with the 3 bullets I had, and got some decent gear. Found matches and a knife, ran into the woods and found a grocery store with bunch of food and soda to fill my alice pack and even a 1911 with 4 clips. I was FINALLY really really enjoying myself with this game... am I shit out of luck now? What happened? Can it be fixed?

You can run back, try running south east. It's a long run from what I hear, anything between 5 and 20 minutes.

I know that feel bro,y esterday I dead suddenly because hacker

just go before corpse disappear

You can run back' date=' try running south east. It's a long run from what I hear, anything between 5 and 20 minutes.

[/quote']

Yeah but all my gear is gone... I might as well re-spawn...

That really sucks. I mean I understand its alpha, but it's hard to find the drive to play when after all that work, I'm finally enjoying myself, and this happens. Just disheartening. Finding new stuff isn't an easy feat when 70% of buildings arent searchable and now zombies seem to see me and fly through walls in droves. I can't even get a hatchet anymore.

I know that feel bro' date='y esterday I dead suddenly because hacker

just go before corpse disappear

[/quote']

How the hell do I find my body without a map? There's no way. I was almost at the air field.