Sign in to follow this  
KoenigWittmann

Please Help! Can't Get Past Loading Screen!

First I'll start off with some basic information.

-System Specs-

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 4094MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

-Display-

Device: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip Type: GeForce 9600 GT

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Approximate Total Memory: 2287 MB

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

---

Okay, so now a description of my problem.

Today I purchased the ARMA II: Combined Operations Pack on Steam. It downloaded and installed without issues, although it did pause for a good hour when I decided to play L4D2 but I doubt that caused any issues.

Everything worked well. I wanted to get the DayZ mod so I could play with some friends, and it looked like a lot of fun. I've always been a big fan of survival games. So after launching ARMA II, I went to launch Operation Arrowhead. I had some difficulty with that, some sort of strange errors. A quick Google helped me fix it by exiting out of Steam, and then re-launching Steam as Administrator.

Now that I had, at that point, successfully launched both titles to their respective main-menus, I came onto the main website (as in, this one we're on now) and it gave me tons of different options to download. I had no clue which one, so I chose the SixUpdater US Mirror. I got the SixUpdater/Launcher set-up without problems.

I checked to ensure the DayZ files and folders were all placed in their correct locations, and then I set a path to the mod by going to my Library on Steam, right-clicking Operation Arrowhead, Properties, and then set it to something like -mod@DayZ -nosplash or along those lines, I forget exactly what it was at this point and I'm too lazy to go check.

I managed to find some servers with good pings and joined. A loading screen followed, with a picture of military vehicles lined up in front of some airfield hangars. However, I was already having some concerns. The loading bar reached about a quarter of the way, then zipped back down to zero and started back up again. After that finished in around 15 seconds, another screen popped up giving me three options. I believe the first one was Server Control, the second Disconnect, and the third being O.K.

I clicked the O.K. button and a progress bar of some sort popped up, having to do with missions I think. Can't be sure, I didn't get a chance to read it all. That same screen popped up, with the military vehicles and loading bar, and then suddenly another loading screen appeared that was all black, and in the center was a completely filled progress bar with "Loading" beneath it.

Five minutes later, nothing happened. Another five minutes passed and still nothing happened. Since then I've attempted to connect to many different servers in both the SixLauncher (which has been set-up correctly with the folder paths and everything, as well as verified and running on the most recent version) and also I tried doing it through Operation Arrowhead. Basically, I went back to my Steam Library, right-clicked, and chose Launch ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead.

ANOTHER strange thing happened. The first thing that appeared was that same damn loading screen with the military vehicles and airplane hangars. It read "Please wait..." or something along those lines. That finished, and I was at the main-menu, but I'd never experienced that before. Anyways, I went to multiplayer, filtered out non-DayZ servers and tried connecting that way to no avail. The only problem I've been experiencing is that just before I'm in the game, it just freezes on that last, blank loading screen.

Please help. I would just like to play. D:

We're all experiencing it at the moment, or at least we were. I'm not entirely sure, but when patch 1.7.2 rolled out last evening, this was the bug we encountered.

Sit tightly or use the search button, as I'm not sure if it's resolved (haven't been in-game and tried yet)

Hey mate, appreciate the long thread detailing your problem.

Unfortunately, you picked a bad day to download Arma 2 and the mod, DayZ. A new patch just came out a few hours, and with it came a few bugs. The issue you're describing is outlined in this thread:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=32422

Rocket (the Developer) recently said that a fix is on its way very soon, that will fix this issue:

"Server side update released, details emailed to all server providers. This solves the loading issue. Confirmed on multiple servers with full client numbers."

If you've got any more concerns let me know.

Cheers.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick reply! :D

And no worries, I did originally intend to buy ARMA II and Operation Arrowhead for the games themselves. The multiplayer is quite fun, shooting up some of my friends. I only heard about DayZ while I was downloading, actually.

Thanks for the explanations though, both of you. :)