catch_22

Spawned. Died. Middle of nowhere. What happened?

I had played successfully on the new patch for about two hours, logged out in the middle of the forest in a safe area far from any zeds or towns to eat dinner.

Logged back on, same server, and I see the message "catch 22 has died", and it asked my to pick my gender. Instead of that, I panicked, exited, and picked another server. This time I was in the middle of a like... limbo-esque plains land with nothing in my inventory, but the same blood levels and food levels as my once alive character. There were also about 3-4 other players there.

Now... I understand the whole "Dont get attached to your gear" montra... but that's the thing. I got the game two days ago and have been having a really difficult, unfun time. But I managed to find a pistol, kill a bandit player that tried to jump me with the 3 bullets I had, and got some decent gear. Found matches and a knife, ran into the woods and found a grocery store with bunch of food and soda to fill my alice pack and even a 1911 with 4 clips. I was FINALLY really really enjoying myself with this game... am I shit out of luck now? What happened? Can it be fixed?

• Like 4

The exact same thing happened to me, (but i had my weapons on my inventory, exept the military camo). The only fix i found is to create a new character -.-

Something similar happened to me. Was in Elektro hospital took some supplies there and had to log out for a little bit. Came back in, game was loading, heard flies and all of sudden debug plains, no gear at all. Lost Lee Enfield rifle and M911a pistol, Alice Pack and a bunch of supplies. Tried logging in different servers it would either stay in debug plains or stayed at "loading" or "Waiting to create character". Finally just respawned and created new character.

I had played successfully on the new patch for about two hours, logged out in the middle of the forest in a safe area far from any zeds or towns to eat dinner.

Logged back on, same server, and I see the message "catch 22 has died", and it asked my to pick my gender. Instead of that, I panicked, exited, and picked another server. This time I was in the middle of a like... limbo-esque plains land with nothing in my inventory, but the same blood levels and food levels as my once alive character. There were also about 3-4 other players there.

Now... I understand the whole "Dont get attached to your gear" montra... but that's the thing. I got the game two days ago and have been having a really difficult, unfun time. But I managed to find a pistol, kill a bandit player that tried to jump me with the 3 bullets I had, and got some decent gear. Found matches and a knife, ran into the woods and found a grocery store with bunch of food and soda to fill my alice pack and even a 1911 with 4 clips. I was FINALLY really really enjoying myself with this game... am I shit out of luck now? What happened? Can it be fixed?

You and many people have to understand that you dont play this game to have fun. Hell you are not even PLAYING the game. You are TESTING it. You are not here to have fun but to find such bugs, report them, so that when the game hits retail (thats afte BETA, we are in ALPHA), there won't be such bugs.

• Like 2

Happened to me, 'cept I was on a 7 day character with an M4A3 CCO and An M24. Made me MAD. But, hopefully, this can be fixed pronto, cause now I'm scared to disconnect.

You and many people have to understand that you dont play this game to have fun. Hell you are not even PLAYING the game. You are TESTING it. You are not here to have fun but to find such bugs, report them, so that when the game hits retail (thats afte BETA, we are in ALPHA), there won't be such bugs.

That's true, but it's okay to be just a little annoyed when your days work (or in my case, weeks work) is erased in the blink of an eye.

• Like 3

Exact same thing happened to me. Unfortunately I got very attached to my gear because I had an unlucky start then one day I find lots of crashed choppers and kill someone with a Coyote backpack and have held on to my GPS for weeks. I had an M14 with 12 DMR mags and all the tools etc. etc. I was very geared. Trying to log in and I see "Jollyfish was killed" on the loading screen. I log in eventually and find myself in debug plains with my entire inventory gone but all my stats still there.

Guys, if you're surrounded by hills with no textures (grass/trees) head east/south-east. Follow the direction of the clouds if you don't have a compass.

You'll be back in the map within 15 minutes if you run.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me. Had to make a new character

I teleported into the debug plains. I don't know why.

Earlier today i spent 6 hours fighting from berezino all the way to Stary... where all the BS started. I dsycned and and was shot and killed by someone i didnt see. I was pissed but hey I can deal with it. Respawned inside a building.... really? instead of aborting, i tried rolling out and i did. Got hurt but i bandaged. I found out that i was in STARY again. PERFECT! Time for revenge. Made my way to the tents. Managed to obtain an AKM, then i hear reloading. So i run towards the sound, saw a survivor, he sees me... we both unload and BAM!! i dsynced again but this time i was kicked out by Battle Eye. WTF! Join a new server, i am still alive and manage to bandage with 3600 blood. I crawl around looking for some morphine and i do. At this point i feel lucky that i some how survive all that. Looted all of Stary on my own, Coyote Pack, M16A2 and M4A1 in my pack, slinging an AKM with a PDW. Blood back up 11k. Still surprised at my luck, i decide to log out in a forest to the north. A few hours later i decide to play again in the same server. Then right after it loads my character it tells me i cant play because i am running 1.7.2 when the server is running 1.7.1.5...... REALLY!? Maybe i made a mistake. This time i make sure i chose a server that says 1.7.2.... after 4 servers telling me the same thing, i double check all of my files. everything is up to date. So i try again. This time i managed to get in a server. Only this time Battle Eye kicked me out. I try a different server. kicks me out again... Re-install battle eye. Join new server. Get kicked out again by battle eye....FUCK!! I dont give up and join another one.... It spawns me in debug plains..... why. WHY!? I love this mod. I am upset that i hate the mod right now. So i kill my character, quit the game and went outside.

After returning from the "outside" I decided to try again. Nope still nothing. I get spawned in debug plains, get kicked out by battle eye or get stuck in the creating player screen. and its not in any particular order. its just random. I did manage to join a few without a problem, but after a few minutes i get dsynced and get kicked. this is bullshit.

The exact same thing happened to me, (but i had my weapons on my inventory, exept the military camo). The only fix i found is to create a new character -.-

What caused your problem is the military camo. It is bugged. DO NOT equip it!

Guys, if you're surrounded by hills with no textures (grass/trees) head east/south-east. Follow the direction of the clouds if you don't have a compass.

Cheers.

Is this confirmed for all players? I ran for 40 minutes today and found nothing.

Same thing happened to me :| I had Camo earlier(before the patch) spawn in, did not have Camo. No biggie as I had only had it for a day and heard that I may lose some items after patch. Thankfully I only lost that. Then I spawn in today(after switching servers maybe 2 times throughout the day and ran for 1hr). So I spent plenty of time playing DayZ today and then all of a sudden I switch out of the server (Seattle 163) in the forest away from any zombies or people. As I spawn in I see that somehow I was killed. Then I was spawned in the middle of debug plains with the same blood level, zombie kills, headshots.etc yet not a single piece of equipment. I had the Mk 48 Mod 0, Coyote backpack, Rangefinders and m24.... I was pretty well stocked up after surviving 12 Days, then this. Killed by a bug :(

EXACT same thing happened to me. Thank god others are having this same issue. This is my third character. My first one died going prone, second died after getting out of a vehicle he found near Mishkino - got out car rolled on top of me and killed me, didn't even turn the engine on. Now I'm on my third character, 9 dayz of survival and 300 hours of game play and he just teleports to the middle of nowhere with no gear - oh and I'm dying of starvation bc I don't have my pack anymore with all my meat.

It would really mean a lot of someone could find a way to help out with getting this current character back to where he was with all his gear. I know this is an alpha but I really cannot continue down this road.

My steam name is "lowcricket" and the characters name was "Garcia".

Cheers.

If I had my gear that would be ok. But I don't. I have nothing! I had:

coyote packpack

M4cc0

m9 sd (although out of ammo)

NV-Fucking-G's

GP-Fucking-S

Food x 5

Drink x 5

Morphine x2

Pain Killer x2

Bood bag x2

Now I have a pair of fruit of the looms and I'm standing in a wasteland dying of starvation.

Do you know how hard it is to find the NVG's and GPS?

• Like 3

Will those of us affected by this bug receive any support?

same happend to me 15 mins ago. joined a 1.7.2 server, found myself with no gear in the debug wilderness. i tried to join a different server, and i came back alive (1.7.1.5) but these servers dont save any progress and lag like hell.

i seriously dont wanna lose my stuff AGAIN and AGAIN, is there any way my char can be transfered from 1.7.1.5 to 1.7.2?

haha,

don't complain guys - that happened to me TWICE.

first time next day after 1.7.2, had difficulties with connecting, tried a lot of servers. than I see my ghillie gone - changed server, died right after login and saw debug plains. empty inventory and no backpack, I died of thirst after 45min run to the east. had almost my perfect setup and 11 days survived.

second time today, again empty inventory, no backpack. but didn't have much gear so I just respawned calmly.

after first time, at first I was angry but than decided to role play it with style: zombies tore the ghillie off me during unlucky escape from a village (had massive shootout before previous logoff, with a friend we emptied every gun we had and there was still one zombie standing) and than I got infected and died.

after all - it's apocalypse..

haha,

don't complain guys - that happened to me TWICE.

first time next day after 1.7.2, had difficulties with connecting, tried a lot of servers. than I see my ghillie gone - changed server, died right after login and saw debug plains. empty inventory and no backpack, I died of thirst after 45min run to the east. had almost my perfect setup and 11 days survived.

second time today, again empty inventory, no backpack. but didn't have much gear so I just respawned calmly.

after first time, at first I was angry but than decided to role play it with style: zombies tore the ghillie off me during unlucky escape from a village (had massive shootout before previous logoff, with a friend we emptied every gun we had and there was still one zombie standing) and than I got infected and died.

after all - it's apocalypse..

I think people have every right to complain. I'm glad you could escape to fantasy land in your brain but I am not willing to chalk GAME STOPPING bugs up to an opportunity to RP something in my head.

To be fair, we're not _exactly_ doing that. This isn't a private alpha like with Quake 3, we're talking about a situation where Day-Z itself has sold nearly as many copies as ArmA2 did in its entire 3-year sales life already and is getting huge press the world over. We can call it an alpha all we like, but this is completely unlike any other alpha I've ever played. Kind of like how Gmail was in beta for literally half a decade. You need to accept that people are playing the game seriously already. We expect glitches, to lose gear trying to pick it up, to log out in a barn and respawn on the roof. We expect things to go wrong. But because of the scope of the game and where it's at, I think people need to accept that it's not a traditional alpha and that while we can't save everyone who loses weeks/months of play to a bug, if it's a known thing like the debug forest (which you can get stuck in permanently even if you respawn) then we should at least make an effort.

Still no word from any admins or devs on helping us out with this?

Same thing here, logged off last night SW of NW Airfield. I logged in today and said "Alexander has died" saw the death screen for a few seconds and spawned me into the debug plains area or whatever you call it. I lost all my gear and I see other people or repans bodies on the ground. This has happened two times within three days ><. Oh well i guess.

Lol no.

We don't pay $30 to test a fucking game, we pay to play it.

• Like 1

Just thought I would add my voice to the chorus here. Logged off in the forest, logged back in to a message “Covert has died”, then had to respawn.