Sign in to follow this  
nacitar

Desync?

I know it's alpha, blablabla... but it seems every night I play with my friend, we are running around, lose each other, then realize on my screen he's running in place somewhere and on his I'm running in place somewhere; RARELY, it will resync like 20 minutes later and we can continue. When this happens, changing servers sometimes fixes it briefly then it fucks up again.

New players I've gotten to play keep having this issue when we log in. It's impossible to play as a group with this issue. When I search, I see no complaints about this and I'm mystified; how can no one else be bitching about this?

If I was the developer, I'd be working on this one problem as priority #1 because it makes the game unplayable as a group.

What is going on? Is it because the hive is a POS, because it's being DDoS'd, or what?

Getting tired of trying to play with my friend only to be like "yep, you're running in place again."

Thanks for any info.

IT has to deal with the distance/load on the HIVE server. The more distance from the HIVE server the more latency. It's even more affected by players joining laggier servers. If there was more than one HIVE database this issue would be dramatically lessened as not every person in the UK, US, and the rest of the EU would be bombing one server. Not to mention the HIVE servers would be closer to the actual game servers and target population. It even allows multiple characters! I can't wait for the Russians to get pissed again and shut all of DayZ down for a day or two, making the staff realize they put way too much weight on one server.

Just let me know who decided to setup this way and I'll make sure he doesn't work around any of my clients in silicon valley, lol. Terrible setup with no thought/roadmap at all.

I don't believe it's the mod causing this. It's likely a connection issue somewhere along the line - your server's connection to the hive, your connection to your server, etc. Something's not coping. Our server and pretty much every other server I play on are fine - the one's that aren't, and show similar symptoms to what you're describing are usually isolated.

Simple and first question would be : Have you played on other servers? If so, do they all have the issue, or just some?

I don't believe it's the mod causing this. It's likely a connection issue somewhere along the line - your server's connection to the hive' date=' your connection to your server, etc. Something's not coping. Our server and pretty much every other server I play on are fine - the one's that aren't, and show similar symptoms to what you're describing are usually isolated.

Simple and first question would be : Have you played on other servers? If so, do they all have the issue, or just some?

[/quote']

When swapping servers it stops briefly but starts again soon after (on the nights it does this anyway) which makes me think it's to do with the hive.