nathan_quayle@hotmail.com

Two different characters?

I essentially have two different loads, no idea how or why.

Some servers will load with my guy in Elektro whos using a AKM, others will load a character in Elektro using a hatchet.

I'm confused. I don't want to gear up, and find out that character isn't 'real'.

Strange. Do you have two different steam accounts? Are you launching the game the same way each time?

I can log in to a server, abort it, and go to another server, and theres a chance I will be using the hatchet account. It's really confusing.

Am I connecting to a server that doesn't load from DayZ servers maybe?

Am I connecting to a server that doesn't load from DayZ servers maybe?

This is possible.

Try playing on the same server for a while (one that is white listed). Let me know if the error still persists mate.

Cheers.

Servers that aren't passworded and have a maximum population of over 40 are usually whitelisted.

In lamens terms, just join a popular server and stick to it for a while.

If all else fails, delete your character from the main menu settings of Arma. Click 'new' and create a new profile.

Hope I could help.

Wait' date=' 40 slot minimum? I've often joined 24 slot servers, are these not White Listed? :p

[/quote']

The DayZ server host rules clearly state: "Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)"

If a server doesn't follow the rules, a server may be blacklisted and not be restricted from connecting DayZ's central HIVE.

This is probably what the issue is!

Wait' date=' 40 slot minimum? I've often joined 24 slot servers, are these not White Listed? :p

[/quote']

The DayZ server host rules clearly state: "Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)"

If a server doesn't follow the rules, a server may be blacklisted and not be restricted from connecting DayZ's central HIVE.

This is probably what the issue is!

Ahh, I never even knew this! My mates and I have always connected via ping rather than size! :) Thank you very much, I'll stick to a 40+ for a while. :)

Hey mate,

This bug is extremely rare, so you're quite unlucky (or lucky, depending on how you want to play the game).

It appears that because you entered a non-hive server, your character ID has been glitched. It's briefly discussed (albeit not directly) on this thread here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=30870

Unfortunately, my only advice is for you to delete your character from the main menu settings and create a new one.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Yes' date=' but did you create a new character ID?

[/quote']

As far as I'm aware, Player ID is linked to the CD Key, thus not changeable without flogging another £15.

Yeah, I thought that too. But when I created a new ID, my old character was wiped and all my settings had gone back to default.

I don't know, just trying to help as this issue has never arose before.

You're not the only one with this problem. I started experiencing it yesterday. Pretty annoying actually.

I've exactly the same problem... it happened today when i relogged on the same server, i was on the beach with a new character... i left the game normaly yesterday after playing on some just updated 1.7.2 servers.

First i thought i was dead... after some wipe or other 1.7.2 bug... so after checking differents server i started again.. jumped from server to server without problems, character saved normally, but when going to some random server (north carolina 22 in this case, and another one.. can't remember the name) i was back in my old character ! still alive ! with all my stuff and at the location where i logged off tomorrrow ! when i go to others server i'm back in my new character...

One of my mate has the same issue, was on beach when he connected tonight !!! i asked him to log on north carolina 22 just to test... and same.. was back in old character. I asked another mate to go on this server.. but it's ok.. same character on both server.

It seems there is really something odd with the hive database... character duplication since the release of 1.7.2

Can you do something and investigate the issue ?

Edited by DarkGiver

I'm having this problem too. Interestingly, this morning, there were two servers I could go between with my progressed character, and all others I tried started me off at the beginning. One of those servers restarted while I was playing, and was just like all the others after that. Only a minor annoyance for me since I tend to play by myself, but would be nice to not be "locked" into one server.

I've been experiencing the same thing today. One of my guys was on the road to Zelenogorsk, the other is still near the beach. Also I don't know if this is related, but whenever I enter buildings that should have loot like fire stations and grocery stores, nothing is there. Not even empty tin cans or whiskey bottles.

Edited by randir14

I've been experiencing the same thing today. One of my guys was on the road to Zelenogorsk, the other is still near the beach. Also I don't know if this is related, but whenever I enter buildings that should have loot like fire stations and grocery stores, nothing is there. Not even empty tin cans or whiskey bottles.

Hello Randir, apparently the issue is related to some servers not connecting properly to the Hive, and thus becoming "private servers", with their own character data.

Hello Randir, apparently the issue is related to some servers not connecting properly to the Hive, and thus becoming "private servers", with their own character data.

No It can't... isolated server are those with the correct character... and mass with the new one !