Dillydawg

"DayZ_code CA Building parts required"

Just got this game, followed all install instructions on that one thread for "steam install" I unpacked all the folder's and everything into the @DayZ Addons folder, and when i start up Arma II OA I get the message: "DayZ_code CA Building Parts required, and when the game goes into the main menu another error pops up which says something like "File not found /bin/config/cfg/vehicles/Citizen Scope 1" or something like that. Also, I tried to join a server just in case these error messages meant nothing and it said I do not have the downloadable content required. ANY help appreciated, thank you.

Edit: Just looked at the error again and it says DayZ_code requires addon CA building parts instead of what i said previously, hope it helps.

You need to launch combined operations' date=' that should fix it.

[/quote']

When I do that it says "preparing to launch Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead" then for like half a second a window opens up that looks like command prompt but disappears before I have time to read it.

Exact same problem, everytime I open Combine operations CMD opens and closes.

Exact same problem' date=' everytime I open Combine operations CMD opens and closes.

[/quote']

I tried using the Arma II launcher and it worked fine, dunno what the problem was but I'm Okay as long as it works. Here's a video explaining stuff.

I had the same problem and I tried loads of different things until I stumbled upon the solution. Can't seem to find the page that enlightened me so I can't give them the credit they deserve!

Firstly I should mention that I already had ArmaII Operation Arrowhead for a long time but not ArmaII or ArmaII free.

Secondly I should note that I tried to install and play DayZ without having installed ArmaII as I didn't realise I needed it.

After doing this I got the exact same messages as mentioned in the first post here - DayZ wouldn't work.

I then installed ArmaII free and it still didn't work.

***Solution***

Then after trying loads of crap I read that I had to move the ArmaII "\Addons" files into Operation Arrowhead "\Expansion\Addons" - It worked and I can play!

There are still some errors that appear but they don't stop play.

The only major issues is that if I right click on an item the action menu appears to the right and behind the inventory and can't be clicked unless the item in question is in one of the far right slots of the inventory.

If anyone knows how to fix that, I'd appreciate it

I had the same problem and I tried loads of different things until I stumbled upon the solution. Can't seem to find the page that enlightened me so I can't give them the credit they deserve!

Firstly I should mention that I already had ArmaII Operation Arrowhead for a long time but not ArmaII or ArmaII free.

Secondly I should note that I tried to install and play DayZ without having installed ArmaII as I didn't realise I needed it.

After doing this I got the exact same messages as mentioned in the first post here - DayZ wouldn't work.

I then installed ArmaII free and it still didn't work.

***Solution***

Then after trying loads of crap I read that I had to move the ArmaII "\Addons" files into Operation Arrowhead "\Expansion\Addons" - It worked and I can play!

There are still some errors that appear but they don't stop play.

The only major issues is that if I right click on an item the action menu appears to the right and behind the inventory and can't be clicked unless the item in question is in one of the far right slots of the inventory.

If anyone knows how to fix that' date=' I'd appreciate it

[/quote']

Thanks for the help man! This helped both me and my friend. What you need to do to solve all the bugs with the inventory and overview is validate the game cache. You do this by right clicking on ARMA 2: Free, select properties, go to the local files tab and select 'VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...'. Do the same with ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead. This should fix the problems. I hope people find this helpfull.