Sign in to follow this  
cmochre

Could My PC Run DayZ at max settings?

i don't have this PC yet but im looking at getting it and i was wondering if it would run at max settings smoothly.

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770 ( i7 2600 replacement ) 3.4Ghz/3.9Ghz turbo core x 4 Quad Core LGA 1155 8MB Cache Super Processor.

16GB RAM

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT630 1GB

and will it be able to cope with future releases for the foreseeable future?

It's not like the ArmA II system requirements have been out since...you know....release in 2009

Yeah man why did you cheap out on that card? and buy a beast of a CPU? you could have got an i5 and spent more on a video card.

Edit:

Just reread your post, don't buy that computer get something with a better GPU

With 1GB of Vram from a low end GPU running at 1080p at max settings with an non optimized engine, your computer won't be able to run it at max.

16gb ram is over kill lol. what are you running photoshop, flash, dreamweaver, and 3 games at once, while browsing youtube?

nice cpu and more ram then you need, dunno about the GPU though, never heard of it. The pic of it looks weak compared to the gtx's

im running 3.2ghz quad, 8gb ram, gtx 560, and i run on max no lag.

Get a GTX 670 if you can afford it its well worth the price. I bought a GTX 680 when they first came out and the 670 is $100 cheaper but nearly the same performance.

If thats out of your price range look at something in the 5 series like a GTX 570 or 560.

cool thanks i'll look into it. is the gtx 560 a baws GPU?

Is it a laptop ? If so..booo. Splash out on a desktop :)

thanks alot everyone, really helped me out i appreciate it.

yeah im looking for a decent Desktop. im in New Zealand so im browsing the Trademe website for a good deal.

Is it a laptop ? If so..booo. Splash out on a desktop :)

Or buy a gaming laptop with i7 processor and higher tier graphics card (GTX 680M)

Still, Arma2 is very CPU intensive. At lower settings even more so. Higher setting will force some rendering processes on graphics card (shadows). So if you put shadows on low you should see a bigger increase in FPS than normally, 'cause your CPU outclasses your GPU by a lot. I wouldn't even put these in a same PC.