Sign in to follow this  
DataPack

Random bans?

Hi, im gonna get the game when the steam summer sale rolls around.

I've been watching the forums and i see alot of people complaining about getting banned just cause they picked up a gun a hackers spawned in...

Are they bullsh*t or can it really happen?

They are fibbing, and if you do get banned from a particular server just find new one or try to appeal.

I received an IP ban from the Day Zforums, not the game, randomly before I even knew about Day Z, before I even visited this site once. I emailed the Day Z staff and the issue was resolved quickly.

ARMA II Combined Operations is already under $30 on Steam (And I think it's already $25 on the BI Store), I don't think a sale is going to drop the price by that much, maybe like $5 for waiting X months until the sale.

Regardless, at $30 the game is an investment in itself. Once you do get it, Play some Day Z, but play some of the other ARMA servers too. The Patrol Ops, Takistan Life, Warfare. All excellent game modes. (Seriously, I didn't even know ARMA had RTS elements built into the engine. Pretty cool)

As for your main query:

You shouldn't get banned, they check server logs to see who spawns/scripts in weapons in order to find the player ID used by the Hacking player.

And as this is the internet, there is nothing stopping those people who have been banned for hacking coming on the forums here and saying "waaaah, I wasn't hacking, I just picked up a gun!!111 WAI IZ I BAN 4???" So you've got to take some of these stories with a grain of salt. I'm sure there probably has been a situation when someone has been unfairly banned, but I've got no proof on that.

My experience had been 100% Ban free this entire time I've had this game, And to be honest I've been picking up anything not nailed to the ground. so I think you'll be fine, Just don't try to Hack, and you should be all G.

Unless you are really, really, really, REALLY unlucky. but what are the odds of that happening?

Hi' date=' im gonna get the game when the steam summer sale rolls around.

I've been watching the forums and i see alot of people complaining about getting banned just cause they picked up a gun a hackers spawned in...

Are they bullsh*t or can it really happen?

[/quote']

The steam summer sale list was leaked. ArmA 2 will not be going on sale