Sign in to follow this  
-Ace-

Zombies

Hi, I'm a huge fan of Dayz, really is an amazing mod, I've been playing non-stop for a while now.

But, I have a problem with the zombies. Yes, I know Dayz is in alpha, but the zombies can be just terrible. It's even worse more recently with the update that adds more. It's not that there are so many, it's that there is no way to predict what the hell they do. The ones that run are so damn fast you can't get your gun on them no matter how hard you try, and it's even harder because when they run, they zig zag and do a damn serpentine maneuver, and by the time you realize that you can't hit them, you end up just having to run away, and it turns into a cat and mouse chase, and when you have nothing to besides run, you make noise, you make more zombies run at you, and when that happens.... Well, you know what I'm getting at.

What I thought would would be a good idea would be to increase the amounts of zombies, by a LOT. However, the running zombies would be replaced with zombies that shamble. Not extremely slow, but enough that you can at least take shots at them. The zombies that hop around crouching down I think aren't that bad, and maybe even the shamblers can go about the same speed as those. Also, if the zombies can only walk, then it might even be possible to put some zombies in fields and near roads, not just in big cities, which can make the game more challenging.

Anyway, I hope this is considered, thanks.