Sign in to follow this  
Lightcaller

Cant get onto any servers.

Just bought both arma2 and OA then followed this to install dayz

Now when I enter any server i get one of 3 stalling points

1. Most commonly it sitting on the SECOND "loading" screen right before it says waiting for character to be created.

2. Second most common is the "waiting for character to create"

3. I get into the server chose a character type but unfortunately i am running 1.7.2 and its higher then what the server is running. ( I get this isn't a problem I can fix but it does show that i can at least get into a game right?)

That being said have i done something wrong? I have been reading about the waiting for character thing but that seems to have been fixed or from what I read it had. ummmmm

HALP!

please and thanks!

I should have that I DLed it before I started trying to get onto servers version 94444

Ensure that the server you are trying to connect to is up-to-date with the current version. Patch 1.7.2 literally just came out, so servers have been slowly updating.

this has been happening to like 70% of players trying to join games. i dont know wtf is going on. some people are getting in, most arent.

Same here and i'm not very handy when it comes to computers that i don't have a clue how to install a beta patch. I'm just dumb like that. if you can tell me how to that would be nice

Guys (and girls if there are any) I have a problem as well but it is way different. I cant join any servers, but i'm not stuck on loading screen. It works perfectly exept the fact that i get kicked unbelievably fast from the server. And i mean ANY server... i am using the beta patch because i saw i needed it and i installed it correctly. i used multiple videos for confirmation. When i run the beta patch it loads up like any other, then i click on multiplayer, i click on a public game with mildly good ping, but it gets to the screen where it says ok or diconnect and the list of players. but before i can do anything, it kicks me! EVERY TIME... plz help forum!

P.S. I have Arma2 and Arma 2 OA and the beta patches.

Edited by Nakkas22

same issue here since the 1.7.2 patch. I had the same issue everyone else did, but now that the hotfix is out, i dont get stuck at wait for character, im stuck at the last loading screen. Below I will detail the troubleshooting I have done so far.

1. Reinstalled Both Manual Arma OA and Steam Arma 2/and all required beta patches and DayZ. - Same issue

2. Deleted mpmissions folder from my Profiles -same issue

3. Reinstalled Battleeye - same issue

4. tried 10 servers that all state to have the hotfix - same issue

5. made sure to try manual DayZ install, DayZ Updater Install, and SixLauncher. - All give same issue.

As far as I can tell, its not an issue client side. I dont know the server set-up or anything, but it would seem like either our profile data is corrupt server side, or this is a new issue to crop up for player ID's of ArmA X users or non-steam versions.

I got it to work. I installed the 94700 beta patch from here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

and the experiemental 1.7.2.1 patch from dayz: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28806-experimental-1721-test-patch/page__hl__+stuck%20+loading%20+screen#entry278236

Then you had to connect to the server with these patches on and it should work.