modernturk

I can't chat.

Hi I just got dayz couple days ago. I installed the mod using the six launcher(blue rocket) I got days 1.7.2 which up dated couple hours ago. I been looking online to see how I can chat but when I type or talk on my mic to ppl they can't hear me.i used direct com. And group chat and I get nothing back... What do I have to do other than using an older version

• Like 1

use caps lock to talk.

I know I have used it and no one answers I have even said if anyone can hear me when I'm in the loading screen for five mins and alot of ppl are talking and no one says yes..

use caps lock to talk.

I know I have used it and no one answers I have even said if anyone can hear me when I'm in the loading screen for five mins and alot of ppl are talking and no one says yes..

With Direct chat you have to be in game and within 40 meters of the player you want to talk to.

Direct chat: Will only be heard by people nearby

Group chat: Heard by people in your group, currently obsolete in dayz as each player is in a group on there own.

Side chat: Everyone on your side (everyone in DayZ) can hear this but most servers now have this options disabled

Also use / to talk in any channel but direct, VOIP in anything but direct chat is frowned upon and most people will probably ignore you. (I have it turned off so I wouldn't even hear you, I suspect some people have done the same)

Chatting to the entire servers (i.e. all of the players) is currently turned off on most, if not all servers. You can only really use the Direct comm., which broadcasts your (voice)chat to any player within a 40 meter radius.

use caps lock to talk.

With Direct chat you have to be in game and within 40 meters of the player you want to talk to.

yep I have done that too. My girl found someone that was following her and we tried talking but nothing. And typing dint work either and we dint know if he was typing too since we coulnt see or hear anything....and like I said I been in a loading screen where ppl are talking I talk to them but I never get a repond back

Maybe your mic isn't working properly?

AFAIK there is no way to check ingame.

Edited by .martin

i have the exact same problem! tried everything tried chatting with a mic in every channel to everyone tried typing to them i had a friend go on and i still couldnt type too him... please help!!