Catman (DayZ)

No warning restarts

Really? This is just taking the piss now, is this the norm for admins to reboot the server without any in game warning? And no I don;t want to sit on your teamspeak server or be in your IRC channel.

Frankly doing my nut in now. It seems every time I try to sort out some gear in the middle of it when I have half my f'ing stuff on the ground... or smack bang in the middle of somewhere highly exposed... "no message received for..."

Is it really that much f'ing trouble to announce a reboot? Frankly you shouldn't be allowed to restart the server without a minimum 30 second warning.

Right now, the servers are crashing alot, so thats probably whats happening.

It can be due to bugs making the server crash, use to do it all the time when hatches and crowbars were introduced, it started ages ago not just now

It's one of two things:

1/ Server being restarted with no warning by admins. Solution - find another server, there's plenty out there with non-dickish admins that announce restarts with several minutes warning.

2/ Server is crashing as a result of many different factors, bugs, instability, etc. Solution - find another server.

So when I rejoin the server and the time has been changed and it stead of it being the middle of the afternoon it's the middle of the night... is that not an invoked restart? (that's an example and not what I just had tonight).

It all depends. We've had crashes when server was day, and it went to night when server came back up.

It took me 2 days to figure out how to type in game messages. Lack of EASY support for server admins is huge right now imo.

But hey, I'm figuring it out.. One google search at a time...

Arma 2 servers crashed a lot before dayz added extra ALPHA features on top and the requirement of a BETA version of the game to play. The servers crash, a lot. Get used to it.