TR1GGA187

Official Request: Server Admin (ONLY) Forum.

I figured this was already in place when it asks what my forum name is.

Us admins need a place to be and discuss specific server based stuff without all the bull shit "SERVER ADMIN ABUSE #21 , he said he was shutting down the server and my vagaga didn't like it" in between every other post.

Please add your support

Im on board with this, I think though perhaps a "server abuse report" forum of its own might be a better idea?

+1 for this. had a nice chat with a bunch of other admins earlier on the vilayer ts, that was A) really really nice to have and B) really really helpful.

I´m sure a place to exchange experience and knowledge, and maybe get a oppinion on certain things or even share guides on how to logsearch properly can only help to increase the quality of dayZ servers.

Im on board with this' date=' I think though perhaps a "server abuse report" forum of its own might be a better idea?

[/quote']

I agree with that as well. However, if one was chosen over the other. I would still say a private forum for server hosts.

Im on board with this' date=' I think though perhaps a "server abuse report" forum of its own might be a better idea?

[/quote']

I agree with that as well. However, if one was chosen over the other. I would still say a private forum for server hosts.

Yeah but then the mods would have to manually set permissions for every user who is a server host. Dunno about you but I had my forum account before I was hosting and it's totally separate from my support.dayzmod.com account - hence I wouldn't have access to a special forum

Easier to just hit "add" and type "Server Abuse Reports" on the "create forum" page...

But they get that info when we sign up to be one... Everything is automated anyway... Why cant that be?

But they get that info when we sign up to be one... Everything is automated anyway... Why cant that be?

Well if you chose not to use the same email signing up to the support system as you did the forum, how will they know which forum account is to be associated with the support account? It's a totally separate system

It only asks for your forum NAME. So in my case... I entered... TR1GGA187. What I'm saying is really quite simple.

If their process is currently "automated" like they say... It's quite amazing that they send me a unique set of edited files for me, but couldn't add the name I typed into the Server Admins group on the forums...

These guys do amazing work. Us admins are only here to help that be better... In order to do that more efficently.... We need to weed out all the shit.

A server hosters section already exists. You need to be invited into it (or request to be invited). However, because of the responsiveness of IRC, most admins hang out in there and don't use the forums.

Trust me, I've talked about restructuring the server forums last month, but I don't think it's high on their to-do list at the moment. They are probably focusing on other solutions.

Well, clearly they need more help then. How do I sign up? Either way... more support in the forums, the more likely they look into it.

The old thread for requesting access died in the database revert of the forums, otherwise I'd suggest to necro it. I don't know who handles the masking anymore. Your best bet is to rename the OP to something like "Requesting Server Hosts Forum Access."

I don't know how far you'll get though. They usually view IRC as the "official" support channel of communication for admins as far as I see.