IzYouFaggot

Anti bandit /camping joe measures

First measure:

1) Make food rot

The rate of decay should only be annoying to those who store food (campers) for long periods. Decaying food should make the player noticeable to zombies and be marked with flies. Johnny has to move his ass if he wants to survive and stop searching for players to loot.

2) the traumatized soldier zed

A slightly more human zed that ignores the player. That is until he hears a gunshot from a non hunting or silenced (since these are hard to maintain) weapon (crossbows also ignored) or is attacked. Then he'll hunt in the direction of the shot and search for anyone with a mil weapon within an area estimated for the shooter's location. If he finds him, he'll sprint towars him and pulls a pin from a nade when he's really close. He's got a vest, so one round ain't stoppin him. If he's killed before, the nade will roll out, blowing up later.

Make him jump and run a little to the side or fall and get back up to screw sniper's aim

He should scream and make it clear that he's a threat, also place it strategically to avoid spawn killing.

3) The moderatly annoying mist

Basically slight mist bellow hills and known vantage points that make spotting harder

the traumatised soldier thing sounds like it would be very diffivult to implement. Not sure if I like the idea of food rotting either.

A heavier mist in lower altitude to mess with snipers would be cool.

I like the mist, and I think that meat should rot. Canned food however doesn't go bad for years so it's fine to assume those would stay good.

"I think that meat should rot. Canned food however doesn't go bad for years so it's fine to assume those would stay good."

Agreed

The rotting thing would be fine tuned to prevent normal people from becoming frustrated, at least that's my ideia. But you could add methods to conserve food almost indefinetely, such as salting it or placing it in vinegar. Of course doing such requires you to move to a city or village and find vinegar, or find salt water in the sea. This should break camping i hope

Well that would be good for realism were most of the food not canned and as such pre-preserved pretty much indefinitely anyway.

1) Why should food rot? It's either canned goods or cooked meat. Canned goods have shelf lives of YEARS, and cooked meat lasts longer than public health officers would have you believe. If anything, this would even PROMOTE PvP since food will become more rare, and forcing survivors to stay in the cities for food loot would only further centralize the deathmatches. Currently, killing for beans is a joke, but rotting food would make killing for beans an authentic excuse for banditry.

2) No. This isn't Left 4 Dead, we don't need special/boss zombies, especially ones that make no sense in character. Why the hell would the zombie ONLY attack gunshots? The virus (to paraphrase Rocket) strips away all humanity and leaves only enraged hunter instinct. It's a cheesy and ham-handed mechanic. Plus, it'll only hurt non-bandit players - sniper bandits will have all the time in the world to shoot ol' Grenade Zombie, while Average Joe with his makarov in the church is gonna get blown up because he can't get enough distance.

3) Just... no. What justification is there for this? "Snipers use hills, so we'll make the hills cloudy?"

Your issue with these suggestions is that you assume banditry is a problem that must be fixed by hardcoded in-game measures (sloppy ones at that). PvP isn't a problem, it's an obstacle to overcome. Sniper covering Cherno? Use tactics to take out the sniper or, if he's out of your ability to attack, don't go into his killzone. Campers on the firestation spawn? Good, you know exactly where they are; avoid them or use your intelligence to kill them.

If you're being killed repeatedly by the same tactics, the problem is not that bandits are an OP problem, the problem is that you're not adapting to the problem. You're taking the weak way out - instead of overcoming the obstacle, you just want to nerf it down to your level.

1) Why should food rot? It's either canned goods or cooked meat. Canned goods have shelf lives of YEARS' date=' and cooked meat lasts longer than public health officers would have you believe. If anything, this would even PROMOTE PvP since food will become more rare, and forcing survivors to stay in the cities for food loot would only further centralize the deathmatches. Currently, killing for beans is a joke, but rotting food would make killing for beans an authentic excuse for banditry.

2) No. This isn't Left 4 Dead, we don't need special/boss zombies, especially ones that make no sense in character. Why the hell would the zombie ONLY attack gunshots? The virus (to paraphrase Rocket) strips away all humanity and leaves only enraged hunter instinct. It's a cheesy and ham-handed mechanic. Plus, it'll only hurt non-bandit players - sniper bandits will have all the time in the world to shoot ol' Grenade Zombie, while Average Joe with his makarov in the church is gonna get blown up because he can't get enough distance.

3) Just... no. What justification is there for this? "Snipers use hills, so we'll make the hills cloudy?"

Your issue with these suggestions is that you assume banditry is a problem that must be fixed by hardcoded in-game measures (sloppy ones at that). PvP isn't a [i']problem, it's an obstacle to overcome. Sniper covering Cherno? Use tactics to take out the sniper or, if he's out of your ability to attack, don't go into his killzone. Campers on the firestation spawn? Good, you know exactly where they are; avoid them or use your intelligence to kill them.

If you're being killed repeatedly by the same tactics, the problem is not that bandits are an OP problem, the problem is that you're not adapting to the problem. You're taking the weak way out - instead of overcoming the obstacle, you just want to nerf it down to your level.

First, i did not mention nerfing, the mist only hampers, requiring a bit more focus, second the traumatized soldier fills in with the setting i think:

It has equal vulnerability to humans since he's not fully infected (translated, one shot to the leg and he crawls, solving your quarry, one shot to the hed and he's gone, the only problem is the vest, that is going to be painful to snipers)

He is supposed to communicate pain, further depressing and setting the mood (no talking though, just crying and moaning)

He could hide against a fence to signal a sniper in the area

The rot is included to make the game more complex, and it would be applie to raw foods

Finally i just want a warning system for noobs, but a not too obvious one

And i want a bit more challenge to bandits, not exactly a blatant screw but rather rasing the risk

also the guns hurt the same

First' date=' i did not mention nerfing, the mist only hampers,[/quote']

Anything that increases the difficulty or reduces the strength of a weapon or tactic is a nerf. "Hampering" a sniper's ability is nerfing sniping. It may not be a BIG nerf, but it's unfair and unrealistic. Maybe if we were shooting at elevation differences of 1000+ metrs, but these are 300m hills we're talking about.

second the traumatized soldier fills in with the setting i think:

It has equal vulnerability to humans since he's not fully infected

"Not fully infected." In any context, that's impossible. You're either infected by a disease or you're not infected by a disease.

(translated, one shot to the leg and he crawls, solving your quarry, one shot to the hed and he's gone, the only problem is the vest, that is going to be painful to snipers)

First, normal zombies and players can be leg/head shotted like this normally, so this half-infected thing wouldn't be much of a change. And, again, unless he can cover 500m of open field in 10 seconds, the sniper can land several body shots on him. Don't even say "He has chest armor!" Do some research - even the heaviest body armors are only rated to stop one or two bullets, and even then you break ribs from the impact.

He is supposed to communicate pain, further depressing and setting the mood (no talking though, just crying and moaning)

Crying and moaning. Like the rest of the zombies do? How can one man acting weird make a camp full of dead soldiers more depressing, or a ghost town full of the walking dead more ominous?

He could hide against a fence to signal a sniper in the area

Even if ArmA's AI was capable of this (it isn't, not by a long shot), it's still a pointless idea.

The rot is included to make the game more complex, and it would be applie to raw foods

How would rotting food make the game more complex? Most players I know don't carry around raw meat - they only kill an animal when they're ready to set up a campfire and cook it. The longest I've had a steak on me is about 3 minutes.

Finally i just want a warning system for noobs, but a not too obvious one

No.

And i want a bit more challenge to bandits, not exactly a blatant screw but rather rasing the risk

No. A nerf is a nerf - why should players who choose to engage in PvP be penalized? They have guns, we have guns. Just because they have no qualms about killing you and are willing to KoS doesn't mean they should have a harder game.

also the guns hurt the same

Just get the fuck out.

Nothing punishing/hampering bandits will ever be implemented. It isn't "Be a survivor or get assfucked by something you have no control over". It's a sandbox;anyone can play how they like and everyone has an equal opportunity to do so. There will not be anything forcing you into a specific type of gameplay.

OK i understand, i just wanted a slight nudge to maintain an equilibrium, not a full deter

But

Mists ARE realistic son, a low fog if i'm using incorrect wording. Not just a slight cloud over a player, something that hampers slightly vision in light zed areas

Secondly, yes when you're infected, you're, well infected, but as far as i know no disease is immediate, or do you die after catching a cold?

Also the vries and moans of normal zed are inhuman, i want human suffering, a recognition of impending doom to which the player connects.

Also i'm not frustrated because of bandits, i've never been shot, i'm just trying to adress a problem raised by this forum