Allstargun

How to update my Day Z?

I just started playing this game and I love it, but my brother downloaded everything for me.

I would like to know the steps to getting the new patch, etc.?

Every time I play, I am stuck at "waiting for character to create."

I would still like to know the steps to updating though, whether it will change that or not?

It won't change... The servers are dodgy tonight but you can use a launcher/updater such as SixUpdater to install updates and launch the game straight into a server :)

Ok, thank you :) And yea I know the servers are dodgy but I still had no clue how to correctly update it.

Hello Allstargun,

You'll need the new Beta patch which can be found here. ( http://t.co/Ojboij4v ) When that's downloaded, just run and install the .exe, making sure Arma 2 is closed at the time. *

If you're using Six Launcher you can then proceed to find a server, and it should take care of the rest.

As for the stuck at Waiting for character to create, it's an issue at the moment, apparently down to masses of people trying to connect to the Hive after the patch, not confirmed though.

* You MIGHT not need to do this if you use Six Launcher, I'm not too sure.

Hello Allstargun' date='

You'll need the new Beta patch which can be found here. (http://t.co/Ojboij4v) When that's downloaded, just run and install the .exe, making sure Arma 2 is closed at the time. *

If you're using Six Launcher you can then proceed to find a server, and it should take care of the rest.

As for the stuck at Waiting for character to create, it's an issue at the moment, apparently down to masses of people trying to connect to the Hive after the patch, not confirmed though.

* You MIGHT not need to do this if you use Six Launcher, I'm not too sure. [/color']

THANK you for that mirror, the official beta site seems to be overloaded or something.