Sign in to follow this  
Dead Winter Dead

Spawn as bird?

So I just installed the game. I have never played it and all I can seem to do is spawn as a bird. I have complete control over the animal but...you know it's not the same.

Anyone else have this issue? And how do you avoid it?

Thanks

uh..........? i dunno, im just trying to get passed the loading screen and hearing ppls voices :/

You have to be joking right?

I spawned as a cow and let me tell you it's fucking awful, you think you have it bad with people killing you on sight? Trying being slow as fuck and about twice the size, freaking cry babies all I want to do is eat grass and people keep killing me even though I moo "friendly!" :'(

Edited by OliverD1995
  • Like 11

I spawned as a cow and let me tell you it's fucking awful' date=' you think you have it bad with people killing you on sight? Trying being slow as fuck and about half the size, freaking cry babies all I want to do is eat grass and people keep killing me even though I moo "friendly!" :'(

[/quote']

Haha.

OP, in all seriousness, that is a symptom of the FADE drm protection, which in turn is usually activated by illegal copies of the game.

I spawned as a cow and let me tell you it's fucking awful' date=' you think you have it bad with people killing you on sight? Trying being slow as fuck and about half the size, freaking cry babies all I want to do is eat grass and people keep killing me even though I moo "friendly!" :'(

[/quote']

Best fucking reply EVER!

I bought the Bundle pack.. and I too spawned as a bird for my first 3 online games.. idk why... but i shut down the game.. and Retried.. then it all worked fine :)

I did NOT pirate the game I just paid for it on Steam. There has to be another reason. I just tired several other times and same thing.

You Must do what Sonblade suggested !!!

You are new to the game and may not fully understand why !but you must do this.

BUT YOU MUST DO THIS!!!

I figured it out. I was starting Arma 2 OA not Arma 2 CO. After I started CO I was able to spawn as a real player. Still pretty funny though.

I figured it out. I was starting Arma 2 OA not Arma 2 CO. After I started CO I was able to spawn as a real player. Still pretty funny though.

Why did you not go up to players and whisper into there EARS! :(

• Like 2

dam i like that cow post...and you shoulda flew into ppls ears and whispered some funny stuff!

So let me get this right, if i load Arma 2 OA instead of CO and play Dayz I can be a bird?

Video of the year award here I come, I'm gonna swoop down on all Snipers in Cherno and harrass the fuck out of them. Offer my NON exsitant team mates a birds eye view of all military areas for safety.

or at least squak at em before vital shots, Rocket said he wanted the community to do the work to find solutions to gaming issues.

Anyone else wanna join Dayz Little Peckers Club?

• Like 1

I did NOT pirate the game I just paid for it on Steam. There has to be another reason. I just tired several other times and same thing.

I had this issue once playing regular ARMA II it was because I didn't actually join a team, it might be spectator mode or something? Perhaps I might be wrong and if i am.. I am sure i will be corrected :)

I have a legit copy of the game and this shit is happening to me as well.Too bad we cant fly around and shit on peoples heads in the armory.

I had this happen back at v1.6 and it was a blast, i followed a lone survivor around doing swoop attacks and giving out his position in side chat its a pity he didn't have a clue what was going on.

The only annoying part was navigating out of the wilderness but it was a lot quicker than running.