Occulus

I give up on trying to install this thing

I have finally given up on trying to install this mod for now. I have tried over and over many methods in these forums and from watching youtube install videos. Hopefully when i try to install again maybe in a month or so, all of the bugs will be gone.

I know its pissing me off to no end, i have tried installing it for a week now and it hasnt worked once

What seems to be the problem?

-Install Arma 2.

-Install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

-Run them BOTH once.

-Download and install Six Updater.

-Run Six Launcher.

-Click big green button under the DayZ logo to install and verify.

-Pick a server, and play.

That Six Launcher thing has made it almost idiot-proof to play this mod.

Six launcher loaded a ton of stuff on my system, now I get constant pop ups and it tries to change my homepage. It seems more a hassle than it's worth.

Six launcher loaded a ton of stuff on my system' date=' now I get constant pop ups and it tries to change my homepage. It seems more a hassle than it's worth.

[/quote']

That's not six updater, that's spyware. LOL

yeah renaki, ive done that entire list about 20 or so times (i dont know how many exactly i stopped counting at 13). And for ever error or other reason someone has posted on this forum for not being able to play, ive gotten.

I've given up trying to play this game... I mean its cool they want to add bear traps, dogs and such, but when there is SO many other bugs errors and tweaks that are needed its kinda stupid they don't fix them first.

I wonder how you guys can't figure out on how to install this, it is so simple, you don't even need to be a tech geek to do this.

I find using the manual installation quite better than using sixupdater, each time I've manually installed it worked as a charm everytime.

What seems to be the problem?

-Install Arma 2.

"-Install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

-Run them BOTH once.

-Download and install Six Updater.

-Run Six Launcher.

-Click big green button under the DayZ logo to install and verify.

-Pick a server, and play."

Eh, where is the step which tells you that you need to install the lastest beta patch? does sixlauncher do this for you?

Otherwise, Install the games, Install BETA Patch then six launcher mate

^ Installing DayZ via Six Launcher DOES THAT FOR YOU. - Don't waffle about with torrents and zip folders when one program does it for you.

Also I just read a post about someone getting pop-ups and something attempting to change your homepage... That's definitely not Six Launcher, you may want to get your computer checked.

ok when you say run both programs once how far into the games do you get? like to the main menu than exit? or do you actually need to play the game a few lvls?

Literally run it, then exit the application. I'm guessing this is for Steam versions of the game as they need to do a first time set-up thing. Also I had a mate who tried to run DayZ without running the games at least once - he got an error saying invalid CD key.

What is the actual problem you're having? Is the mod not loading correctly? Errors?

At what stage is something going wrong?

at this point, i am getting an in server error saying i am either missing certain keys or i need to delete certain keys after it gives me a huge list of file locations on my computer.

i tryied for about a week to get this running and i finaly got it to work using the six launcher and from what ive read its the prefered method

This sounds like such an isolated incident. Do you have a retail copy or a Steam copy?

(This is going to be harsh, but...)

-Uninstall everything. Arma 2, Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

-Go to the program directory, and DELETE it. Make sure nothing is left. (For steam - Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 2 - For retail, I'm guessing its Program Files\Bohemia Interactive)

-Restart your computer.

-Install Arma 2 AS ADMINISTRATOR. (Right click the setup and run as Administrator. For Steam, just make sure you run Steam as administrator.)

-Install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead AS ADMINISTRATOR.

(Again if you're installing "Combined Operations, just run it as administrator.)

-Run BOTH games once - AS ADMINISTRATOR. (This is necessary to verify the games CD key)

-Download Six Updater from the DayZ website (http://dayzmod.com/downloads.php)

-Install AS ADMINISTRATOR.

-Run Six Launcher AS ADMINISTRATOR.

-Click the green button underneath the DayZ logo to install the DayZ mod AS WELL AS the beta patch required to run the game.

im thinking i shouldnt have bought arma2 on amazon and than bought OR on steam, i pointed the launcher to both but my guess is that the launcher isnt reading one of the game, probably why when i try to enter a server i have so many keys missing.

^ That may be your problem. I've never had a good time when I've bought the game and expansions from two different retailers.

My advice? Wait for the Steam sale to roll in and buy Arma 2 dirt cheap, (Remember getting it for about £2.50) or buy directly from Bohemia Interactive now as they have a 25% sale, and support them (https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-combined-operations-steam-version - £14.99)

Unfortunately they don't sell original Arma 2 Steam keys so I linked the Combined Operations version which contains both for a reasonable price. Or if it interests you, get the Operation Arrowhead non-Steam version as I'm sure it'll be compatible with your retail version as they're dead similar. (https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-operation-arrowhead - £9.74)

Edit:Clarification