mcf

Zombies running

Short and sweet...

Zombies are close to impossible to shoot when they aggro...this is my opinion why:

1. You cannot anticipate their movements...If i aggro a zombie i'd expect it to run directly at me (or around obstacles in a direct route towards me). Currently they like to do some sort of a 50meter sprint away from me in a random direction, followed by a scenic country sprint around me and then run towards me.......the movement of a zombie makes no sense.

2. Run speed.....the game prides itself on realism yet there is no way a zombie could run faster then Usain Bolt. Just no. Tone down the speed, please.

Fixing points 1 and 2 will mean zombies could be shot if they aggro onto you (without being 1 yard away) This should mean that less people will be bothered above sight/hearing buffs by zombies (As zombies can actually be shot at distance, if aggroed).

Currently i have seen mass moaning about the buff they have received in patch 1.7.2...this patch went live a few hours ago, so i can only anticipate there will be a hotfix or a ton of people will stop playing until the next update.

I have a strong opinion, please do not flame me for posting this suggestion.

I completely disagree with point one. Have you played Left 4 Dead? The zombies move similarly in that, and it makes it more of a challenge. Point two, though, I agree with. They currently move ridiculously fast.

Zombies have been buffed? I didn't see it in the changelog thread. But if so, good, they need buffs anyway.

Unrealistic zombies? They aren't even zombies, and for the pathing we'll have to wait until the mod has been recognized as a standalone game so they can change to more proper pathing algorithm. Remember it's just a mod, modified in a very restricted tool.

lol, I started a thread very similar to yours 8 mins after you posted yours (not a copy, i was still writing by them :P) and found it funny we used the same speed comparison with Usain Bolt :D

I added some additional suggestions in my post, but with no replies, and the recent discovery that zombies now run in houses and up the steep hills.. i guess its all just a moot point now.

Basically, if it sprints you cannot call it a zombie. You can't kill vampires by slapping them with bacon, werewolves don't fly, unicorns don't have horns growing out their ass, zombies don't run. End of story.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/nov/04/television-simon-pegg-dead-set

Posted that on the last thread I saw about the Kenyans in bad Halloween costumes.

I agree that Zombies need to be more predictable, and their movement speed decreased when they charge on you. It is simply very hard to aim at them.

Someone mentioned L4D. Yes, they swarm around you in the higher difficulties, but in a way that you can predict pretty much. They know the way they will walk and circle out. As a player you know then where the zombies will walk in a pretty sure manner. Also, they walk as fast as you do, and when they swarm around you, a little bit faster so it is possible to do such an operation. I love the AI of L4D. I hope we will have this in the future too.

Zombies in the moment are just a hassle, not fun slaugthering, especially not enraged.

lol' date=' I started a thread very similar to yours 8 mins after you posted yours (not a copy, i was still writing by them :P) and found it funny we used the same speed comparison with Usain Bolt :D

I added some additional suggestions in my post, but with no replies, and the recent discovery that zombies now run in houses and up the steep hills.. i guess its all just a moot point now.

[/quote']

That comparison has been made many times in past threads. Apparently, he's the guy to mention.

lol' date=' I started a thread very similar to yours 8 mins after you posted yours (not a copy, i was still writing by them :P) and found it funny we used the same speed comparison with Usain Bolt :D

[/quote']

That comparison has been made many times in past threads. Apparently, he's the guy to mention.

I see.. unoriginal (me) as always..