Sign in to follow this  
crazzyboots

Error creating Direct 3d 9 graphical engin

Ya i recently bought the arma games so i can play DayZ but after downloading everything i get The error creating direct3d 9 message after it goes to black screen for a bit. Im not smart when it comes to these things so i was wondering what i have to do to make it work. I try downloading the latest aram beta patch but when ever i try their is no files in the download... i am completely stumped on what i have to do. And its getting very aggravating. I try launching it in steam but it says " bad version" so it wont let me join any games.

Would love some feed back if people are having the same issue and how they fixed it if they did.

The install can be tricky, i get that error when i try and launch by right clicking in steam and selecting combined ops. I got around it by using the shortcut that is in your main arma OA folder named "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" then i can get in and search for servers via steam.

If your launching threw six launcher then i have never seen it happen, also a new update for this alpha test we are doing came out and some issue can and will arise on those days.

Find the install guide stickied in these forums and follow it another very handy thin that saved me from errors is adding this line to your launch options for arma OA (right click and select properties then general tab/ launch options)

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz -world=empty

F4ll3N, thank you for taking the time to offer your suggestions. My current target looks like this "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe"

Where would I add your line as indicated in your post?

Everything is exactly fine. Just end up getting stuck @ loading character, then just loading and nothing else. Game then completely freezes. I'll just wait until tomorrow , but am anxious knowing i just downloaded the game and only stepped on one hill lool.

F4ll3N, thank you for taking the time to offer your suggestions. My current target looks like this "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe"

Where would I add your line as indicated in your post?

Hi sorry been busy setting up my own server you add that line by right clicking ARMA2 OA in your steam list going to properties and selecting launch option then put that line in there. You can add that line to the exe itself by right clicking and properties but i did it the steam way myself.